Which. 22lr rifle

snowball

Hi all this my first post I'm looking 2 trade in my. 22 sako quad... Reason hate the plastic stock.... My options or cz 455 stainless th.... Old finn fire..... Weihrauch hw66 th..... Wat r ur thoughts on these rifles any advise would b much appreciated... 👍 

2 hours ago, snowball said:

Yes I did consider 1 but can't find 1 here at the moment... In Northern Ireland... 

Tannyoky in Pointzpass have a good selection of guns, as do Mccloys in Toome. 

It might be out your way but Lavin Guns is the place for CZ’s.

Have you looked on Gundeal yet? I found a Puma Hunter for reasonable money, wooden stock, not the new synthetic model, in Coleraine. Shoots straight no complaints 

I have an annie in .22 and a 455 in hmr and am very happy with both , cant comment on others but out of those two and your quad i doubt there will be any difference in accuracy , why dont you just re - stock your quad , boyds stocks are available from sportsman gun centre , rimfire magic , livens to name a few at about half the cost of a new gun

Thanks I will keep an eye out on gundeal and might take a run up 2 tannyoky.. I've dealt with Tom up in lavin guns before it's a great wee family run business... 

Cheers telf that is another option I will definitely check it out.... 👍 

Got an anshutz it’s quality, previously had a BRNO model 2 which was bullet on bullet at 60 yards - not sure how you can get any better than that?

I only changed as my mate died and his family had to get rid of his guns and I had first refusal. 

12 minutes ago, bumpy22 said:

Boyds but so many other options for tikka

Why buy a rifle and then spend a few hundred on an after market stock, when you can pick up a BRNO mod 2 for £150-200 - likely already with a scope and mod and it’ll put each bullet on top of the last? 

I simply can not see how that can be beaten by a ‘best’ rifle...

9 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

It depends on what you prescribe a best rifle as if it’s accuracy or the whole package of handling finish engraving quality of wood and metal etc.  

The BRNO does the job very well mine has since it was bought by relatives in the 50s the trigger is ok but not amazing the metal work functions but is not well finished the stock cheap walnut that works not the best shape but does it’s job no engraving or embellishments. It’s a tool not gun makers art. 

10 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

Why buy a rifle and then spend a few hundred on an after market stock, when you can pick up a BRNO mod 2 for £150-200 - likely already with a scope and mod and it’ll put each bullet on top of the last? 

I will put it simple terms Baikal berreta 😂I use a rifle quite a bit and this is one of the best tools I have had

I regard my .22rf as a tool. It is a chopped, synthetic stocked CZ. It is used but not abused, but has taken on that well worn patina that guns do after a lot of use. It is never cleaned yet is more accurate  than it needs to be, and has accounted for who knows how many rabbits over the years.

Mate has a Sako Finnfire. I have seen it once and that was many years ago as it never comes out as he is frightened that lovely stock is going to get marked and it will be devalued. How he justifies his ammo allowance each renewal I have no idea. 

He also has 50 odd grands worth of Defender sat on his drive. It is a limited edition, has never been off road and is rarely used as he wants to keep the mileage low.

Personally I don’t see the point in owning either, but it’s his choice.  

Edited by Scully

Thanks for all the replies I went to tannyokys 2day for a look around and came across a sako finnfire 1 varmint in great condition...the sako quad synthetic was a great rifle as I had it chopped 2 14 in and as scully said 2 serve as a tool in the field which has done well on the bunnies...i just fancied a change from the synthetic and I think I've picked up a great replacement for field and range use with the heavier barrel.... 👍