Which. 22lr rifle

snowball

4 hours ago, snowball said:

Thanks for all the replies I went to tannyokys 2day for a look around and came across a sako finnfire 1 varmint in great condition...the sako quad synthetic was a great rifle as I had it chopped 2 14 in and as scully said 2 serve as a tool in the field which has done well on the bunnies...i just fancied a change from the synthetic and I think I've picked up a great replacement for field and range use with the heavier barrel.... 👍 

Nice one and join the club. I bought mine with a tired barrel and shot it out with a couple of thousand rounds. Then I used the action to build my target rifle with a Lilia barrel. Excellent rifle! 

On 07/05/2019 at 16:49, snowball said:

Thanks for all the replies I went to tannyokys 2day for a look around and came across a sako finnfire 1 varmint in great condition...the sako quad synthetic was a great rifle as I had it chopped 2 14 in and as scully said 2 serve as a tool in the field which has done well on the bunnies...i just fancied a change from the synthetic and I think I've picked up a great replacement for field and range use with the heavier barrel.... 👍 

Good man, hope it shoots well for you

On ‎07‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 12:34, Scully said:

I regard my .22rf as a tool. It is a chopped, synthetic stocked CZ. It is used but not abused, but has taken on that well worn patina that guns do after a lot of use. It is never cleaned yet is more accurate  than it needs to be, and has accounted for who knows how many rabbits over the years.

Mate has a Sako Finnfire. I have seen it once and that was many years ago as it never comes out as he is frightened that lovely stock is going to get marked and it will be devalued. How he justifies his ammo allowance each renewal I have no idea. 

He also has 50 odd grands worth of Defender sat on his drive. It is a limited edition, has never been off road and is rarely used as he wants to keep the mileage low.

Personally I don’t see the point in owning either, but it’s his choice.  

I agree completely, a .22 rifle is a tool made for work, not a fashion accessory

On ‎07‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 21:42, The Burpster said:

Nice one and join the club. I bought mine with a tired barrel and shot it out with a couple of thousand rounds. Then I used the action to build my target rifle with a Lilia barrel. Excellent rifle! 

I've got one with a Lilja barrel too although not wearing it in this photo :)

Ld1j7lxl.png?1