police forms

I think the thing here is design or use, is somethings design the be all and end all or is it its use that classifies it. If something that was first designed as a weapon can't be a tool surely some thing that was deigned as tool can't be a weapon.

2 minutes ago, bluesj said:

I think the thing here is design or use, is somethings design the be all and end all or is it its use that classifies it. If something that was first designed as a weapon can't be a tool surely some thing that was deigned as tool can't be a weapon.

It can move from tool to weapon if you use it to injure, so your walking stick becomes a weapon when you batter someone half to death, that doesn't mean that all walking sticks are weapons , because they were designed as an aid to walking only your walking stick will be a weapon.

Rifles ,shotguns and pistols were designed to be weapons, you cannot take them out of that category because they were developed with one purpose to injure.

2 minutes ago, welsh1 said:

It can move from tool to weapon if you use it to injure, so your walking stick becomes a weapon when you batter someone half to death, that doesn't mean that all walking sticks are weapons , because they were designed as an aid to walking only your walking stick will be a weapon.

Rifles ,shotguns and pistols were designed to be weapons, you cannot take them out of that category because they were developed with one purpose to injure.

What if the first time someone picked up a stick was to hit someone else with, that would make all sticks weapons.

3 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

No .you have not .

Neither have you murdered it or commited homocide .

You have shot it and killed it only .with a gun .

Good luck with that when in court  with the rspca's barrister, when he stands up and says you used your weapon to cause injury in that you shot your dog causing it distress and harm, and it's death.
You have used a weapon which by the way it's primary design was to cause injury.

Now we could go on all night, but this is a bit like groundhog day for me, if you do a search for this topic, you will see a long thread exactly like this, i think from memory i went on for 5 pages.
So to save me going over this again and again, please look the thread.

As for your cut and paste, lets stick to the good old oxford english dictionary, respected world wide

Good night, i wish you well.

weapons.PNG

I think in the op's original question the police are using the word weapon inappropriately, I'm sure if you used the word weapon in you application for a shotgun or firearms  license you could well run in to problems. 

Edited by bluesj

9 minutes ago, bluesj said:

What if the first time someone picked up a stick was to hit someone else with, that would make all sticks weapons.

No it was a stick ,it wasn't designed to cause injury, someone used that particular stick to cause injury and that particular stick became a weapon.

In later years they designed sticks to be pikes, lances, long bows, they were all designed to injure and are classed as weapons.

4 minutes ago, bluesj said:

I think in the op's original question the police are using the word weapon inappropriately, I'm sure if you used the word weapon in you application for a show gun or firearms  license you could well run in to problems. 

The police have used something that is technically correct, should they have used that particular wording, probably not as it brings out this type of debate, but they are correct in their wording.