.17 hmr Hornady v-max

After purchasing a CZ 452 American HMR about 7 years ago, I was alarmed by what l was hearing about split casings and miss fires.

So every box of cartridges purchased have been inspected for cracks and malformed casings, have just got out the “reject” box and there’s 7, and that’s from all the suppliers of HMR shells.

As for miss fires, there hasn’t been any to date.

Some people have all the luck 🤪

On 19/05/2019 at 10:44, London Best said:

I don’t have one, but after many years of continually reading/hearing about split cases, hang fires and bullets stuck in barrels, I have to say I would not touch a .17HMR with a barge pole.

Your missing out. You’d never buy anything if you read about problems.

mines 7 years old I think now and I wouldn’t be without it. I’ve witnessed rounds stuck on 3 separate people’s rifles but it’s so obvious trust me and a tap with a rod and they’re free. They were storing ammo in damp cabinets. Guns covered in rust.

8 hours ago, team tractor said:

Your missing out. You’d never buy anything if you read about problems.

mines 7 years old I think now and I wouldn’t be without it. I’ve witnessed rounds stuck on 3 separate people’s rifles but it’s so obvious trust me and a tap with a rod and they’re free. They were storing ammo in damp cabinets. Guns covered in rust.

I have to admit I'm not quite as confident as you about the HMR but just the same, mine is going nowhere.   HMR is a very useful to me!

The ammo situation is appalling, but new stuff has been out for a while now and there are suggestions it may have improved, I have no idea what they have done with it if it has.   I've never had a squib round and don't personally know anyone who has, but it is a concern and something to be careful about, I have had several Hang Fires and they are disconcerting to say the least.

Shortly after the release of the HMR semi autos were withdrawn from production round the world because of ammo fears, but new models are now available (not in the UK of course) so something must have changed.