Used Gun market

42 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, i have seen a few webley 700s and they are nice shotguns, 

look on gun trader

Mine is perfect condition it was a second gun when my dad had it, and its my second gun too so not seen much work.  You see them asking a grand to 1500 for them, in average condition, i will never sell this webley but i doubt in this climate it would do a grand more like half that probably.

On 20/05/2019 at 21:12, grahamch said:

may be moving soon and don't want to be bothered with all the hassle of installing a safe in the new house. 

Not trying to cause an upset, but it'll take you what, 15 minutes to drill some holes and pound in some anchor bolts, set into place and hoover up?  You've probably spent more time creating and responding to this thread?

Surely you're as well to hang on to your guns if the market rate won't give you what you want?

It's a funny old thing the used gun market. I have advertised a few on various Web sites and on here. Never had any luck selling and all my guns are immaculate condition. The last one I had on an ad for eight weeks at 6k not a sniff put it into my rfd and it sold within ten days for more than I originally priced it. 

I would say the used gun market is generally slow at the moment but anything that is considered cheap will sell-as with anything.

I was offered 2 berettas yesterday. Nice, tidy saleable guns. The price is not unreasonable and I'm sure they will sell, eventually, seperately to two people who want them.

If the owner wants the cash now so wants to sell to trade then the price has to reflect that.

I'm likely to have them sat around as things are slow so they have to "pay some rent" to be on my shelf.

Price, as always is key.

Edd

2 hours ago, Vince Green said:

Its not just guns, boats are virtually impossible to even give away.

Noticed loads of boats with for sale signs in marinas and boat yards. 

Suppose the super yachts will still sell, just more normal cruisers and day boats sales will suffer.