Please sign up to this if you haven’t already (BASC)

PPP

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

dear all - when you fill in a survey such as this your IP address will be recorded. Multiple entries from the same IP address will probably be discarded, being blamed on the Russians. (Your work broadband, your home and if you are out and about your mobile phone will have different IP addresses - just saying)

1 minute ago, 243deer said:

dear all - when you fill in a survey such as this your IP address will be recorded. Multiple entries from the same IP address will probably be discarded, being blamed on the Russians. (Your work broadband, your home and if you are out and about your mobile phone will have different IP addresses - just saying)

VPN :)

Also if you have not already sent an email to ‘call for evidence’ (DEFRA) then I would respectfully suggest that if you want to fight for your shooting, do it now.

Call for evidence..https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/use-of-general-licences-for-the-management-of-certain-wild-birds-a-call-for-evidence/detail-of-call-for-evidence

BASC are also asking people to email evidence to DEFRA.. gl.evidence@defra.gov.uk

BASC have launched a survey to have some measure of the impact of the new licence situation.  Only takes 5 min and anyone giving permission to control or controlling bird pest species can submit (you don't need to be a member).  Here's the link to the survey: https://www.research.net/r/BASC-GLsurvey

Also Defra are requesting evidence for their review.  Details here: https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/use-of-general-licences-for-the-management-of-certain-wild-birds-a-call-for-evidence

Deadline for responses is 5pm Mon 13th May.  The big issue I think we need to push is that no remit for population control and this was an important benefit of people on this forum shooting pigeons and crows when not directly damaging crops.  By reducing the population we reduce future crop damage.  Secondary to this is all the non-lethal control methods have limited effectiveness and a large increase in cost (time and resources) for the grower.  We are largely volunteers putting in many hours of unpaid work with no cost to the growers/the industry for which in return we get the chance to pursue or hobby of shooting.

Please pass onto other shooters and any disgruntled farmers who want these licences sorted -  the more responses from pest controllers and growers the better.

Sent a further submission to DEFRA in support of proactive control forming part of any new arrangements, though I have already given my opinion the avian pests formerly covered by GL should be subject to lethal control at all times, DEFRA would retain the option of placing them under licence, Should need be, such as in the unlikely event of a subsequent, proven catastrophic population decline in a particular species take place.

1 hour ago, panoma1 said:

Sent a further submission to DEFRA in support of proactive control forming part of any new arrangements, though I have already given my opinion the avian pests formerly covered by GL should be subject to lethal control at all times, DEFRA would retain the option of placing them under licence, Should need be, such as in the unlikely event of a subsequent, proven catastrophic population decline in a particular species take place.

:good:

thanks to everyone who has emailed DEFRA and filled in the BASC survey, Debbie (BASC) reports that 12000 have completed the BASC survey since Tuesday, personally I think that’s pretty poor considering how easy the survey is to complete and what’s at stake, lets hope it gets a little higher before the 13 of May.

10 minutes ago, old'un said:

:good:

thanks to everyone who has emailed DEFRA and filled in the BASC survey, Debbie (BASC) reports that 12000 have completed the BASC survey since Tuesday, personally I think that’s pretty poor considering how easy the survey is to complete and what’s at stake, lets hope it gets a little higher before the 13 of May.

Yep old'un, with BASC membership at 155,000+ considering what's at stake...........12,000 is pretty **** poor!

18 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

I can't complete the BASC survey, because I don't shoot live quarry. It's the first question asked and the survey ends when I answer no. Not all members shoot live quarry.

That’s fair comment, from that I presume you shoot clays, but there are  155,000 members of BASC and only 12,000 have replied to their survey.

I love my shooting with a passion as I guess a lot of you do, I have been fortunate enough to have had  relatively worry free shooting for 55+ years, I hit 69 this year and still have that passion, I guess I could just rollover now and say I have seen the good times, but this fight is also about the youngsters coming into shooting, maybe your son/s or daughter/s, if we do not make an effort now, shooting as I/we have known it will change for ever.

I guess some of you are feed-up of seeing my avatar on the related threads, well I make no apologies for fighting for something I enjoy, if we are to protect the future of shooting for us and the younger generation, then please lets not be apathetic, make the effort if you have not already done so, thank you.

A point raised by one PW member was he could not complete the forms as he only shot clays, point taken.

If anyone is into social media like Facebook etc could I kindly ask if you would share these links, thank you.

Getting feed-up of posting these links :)

Evidence to DEFRA..https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/use-of-general-licences-for-the-management-of-certain-wild-birds-a-call-for-evidence

BASC survey..https://basc.org.uk/?wysija-page=1&controller=email&action=view&email_id=964&wysijap=subscriptions&user_id=127353