Jump to content

Please sign up to this if you haven’t already (BASC)


Recommended Posts

56 minutes ago, old'un said:

I guess some of you are feed-up of seeing my avatar on the related threads,

You are not the only one who feels like this. I have a couple of years on you and probably like yourself, grew up when the gun-licence was bought at the Post Office for 10 bob, along with the the radio licence. Nobody bothered buying the gun (or game licence which was only for posh people), mainly because farm wages prior to joining-up, didnt run to it. Dad`s hammer gun was kept behind the kitchen door with a couple of big ducking loads on the window cill,  in case Charlie came snooping round the hen house at night. How times have changed, and not all for the better I am afraid.

We are now having to defend what as a youngster I took for granted; and to my utter disgust, defend it against some unseen bureaucrat sitting in an office who wouldnt know a Snipe from a Woodcock, but has the right to dictate what I can and cannot do. I have emailed DEFRA at some length and completed the survey. But I have a worried feeling this is like death by a thousand cuts of a sport that has given me, and thousands of others, a great deal of pleasure over the years, not just the act of shooting or working my dogs, but the meeting and lasting friendships of like minded folk.

 

Edited by JJsDad
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Newbie to this said:

I can't complete the BASC survey, because I don't shoot live quarry. It's the first question asked and the survey ends when I answer no. Not all members shoot live quarry.

I didn't go fox hunting but still went on the London march despite still suffering a damaged ankle. 

United we stand Devided we fall never been a truer statement. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, B725 said:

United we stand Devided we fall never been a truer statement. 

Apathy could cost us dearly. I find it absolutely shameful that BASC with a membership of around 150,000 has sent the survey to all members and yet 2 hours ago, only about 12,000 had responded. BASC gets more than its fair share of `knockers`, but when it gets reactive and tries to raise the membership to complete a 2 to 3 minute survey the response from many is like a striking sloath. Politicians respect big numbers like 150,000 people completing surveys, because they represent voters, and just at the moment the big 2 parties need all the votes they can get. I dont shoot live quarry is perhaps truthful but not very helpful. I must remember not to complete any survey to support clay shooting when I hear that a club is being closed down, due to noise pollution.

Edited by JJsDad
Link to post
Share on other sites

I fully agree with you assuming all the emails have gone out as they have to release them in blocks not all in one go. I don't think it's cwiss and his cwusade to save a cwow but ultimately to ban all shooting. There will always be an element of people who do naff all then winge about it when it's gone. I don't do Facebook but via someone I know it's gone on and to farming place's as well, I've also forwarded it to friends who are not in BASC. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, B725 said:

I didn't go fox hunting but still went on the London march despite still suffering a damaged ankle. 

United we stand Devided we fall never been a truer statement. 

You missed the bit where I stated that the survey ends when I answer no to the first question, 'do you usually control pest birds in England or authorise others to control pest birds on your behalf in England?' Which I don’t, do you want me to lie?

I then get this response

Screenshot_20190509-182944.png.3d00b6393e159f6c9716ec46723f09b7.png

It's not like I didn't or wouldn't try because I don’t control birds, as you are implying.

31 minutes ago, JJsDad said:

Apathy could cost us dearly. I find it absolutely shameful that BASC with a membership of around 150,000 has sent the survey to all members and yet 2 hours ago, only about 12,000 had responded. BASC gets more than its fair share of `knockers`, but when it gets reactive and tries to raise the membership to complete a 2 to 3 minute survey the response from many is like a striking sloath. Politicians respect big numbers like 150,000 people completing surveys, because they represent voters, and just at the moment the big 2 parties need all the votes they can get. I dont shoot live quarry is perhaps truthful but not very helpful. I must remember not to complete any survey to support clay shooting when I hear that a club is being closed down, due to noise pollution.

Read the above post. 

Actually read my initial post, it's all in there.

Edited by Newbie to this
Link to post
Share on other sites

Accept my apologies as it wasn't meant as a dig at you I hadn't realised it stopped you dead in its track's but the second part still applies to the other's who never do anything 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

You missed the bit where I stated that the survey ends when I answer no to the first question, 'do you usually control pest birds in England or authorise others to control pest birds on your behalf in England?' Which I don’t, do you want me to lie?

I then get this response

Screenshot_20190509-182944.png.3d00b6393e159f6c9716ec46723f09b7.png

It's not like I didn't or wouldn't try because I don’t control birds, as you are implying.

Read the above post. 

Actually read my initial post, it's all in there.

:hmm:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...