New gun

Harry136

Hi, I'm due to have shoulder surgery in 5 weeks on my left shoulder, its the second surgery on this joint,  I'm a right handed shooter. I currently shoot a Browning Cynergy O/U in wood, I love the gun, but at nearly 9lbs its going to be too heavy to shoot with, even in the future. I'm after a recommendation for a lightweight 12g Browning.

On 07/05/2019 at 23:45, Harry136 said:

Hi, I'm due to have shoulder surgery in 5 weeks on my left shoulder, its the second surgery on this joint,  I'm a right handed shooter. I currently shoot a Browning Cynergy O/U in wood, I love the gun, but at nearly 9lbs its going to be too heavy to shoot with, even in the future. I'm after a recommendation for a lightweight 12g Browning.

I broke my neck last year and as a result I have nerve damage which has caused my left arm to be significantly weakened. The upshot was I was struggling with the weight of my 525 and swinging when trying to hit crossers. I bought a maxus and got on with it from the start so much I have just bought another. Might be worth a look.

9 minutes ago, DUNKS said:

Hope it solves your problem.

hello, to be honest i have not even shot with it yet despite buying about 2 months ago, i did a fair bit of research on Yildiz and wanted auto safety, going to try on clays early june, as this GL seems to be a long wait for us all

2 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, to be honest i have not even shot with it yet despite buying about 2 months ago, i did a fair bit of research on Yildiz and wanted auto safety, going to try on clays early june, as this GL seems to be a long wait for us all

Yep! Forget the GL, go shoot some clays. Just dont get hooked.

2 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, my clay shooting days are very much over but i may pop over to Brize Norton GC eary June just to get the Yildiz barrels dirty:lol:

If you want dirty I will post off to you a couple of my black powder homeloads "Thats dirty"

Only Joking!.

29 minutes ago, DUNKS said:

If you want dirty I will post off to you a couple of my black powder homeloads "Thats dirty"

Only Joking!.

hello, we had a chap in the old Oxford gun club back in the 1980s who brought  his  black powder shotgun on occasions we had a open day, i can still remember the sound and smell and smoke  :shoot: 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

Evening Gordon, a very good shot at one of our clay shoots uses a beautiful sxs, home loads, lots of smoke and a lot of shrapnel flying around.

And the distinctive sound lets you know he’s there, everdently a real pain in the rrrr’s to clean after, boiling water and lots of scrubbing always mentioned.

Deep boom, foot of flame and lots of smoke. Whats not to like. Have to ask if you broke the clay cos you cant see it.

Yes the cleaning is a chore. If the gun is proofed for nitro a couple of normal cartridges shifts the gunk. Cant do this with a muzzle loader of course.

We are planning a black powder day at Wymsewold soon. few of us have old hammer guns.

On 10/05/2019 at 20:44, Pigeon Shredder. said:

Evening Gordon, a very good shot at one of our clay shoots uses a beautiful sxs, home loads, lots of smoke and a lot of shrapnel flying around.

And the distinctive sound lets you know he’s there, everdently a real pain in the rrrr’s to clean after, boiling water and lots of scrubbing always mentioned.

hello clive, despite all the smoke and noise he still did well on clays, there was one stand called Teal, he could hit those better than most.   

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...