Stoneacre havin a laugh

Davyo

Everyone knows the new Jimny has a waiting list of 12 to 18mths.Some lucky enough to get one have sold them immediately for 3k more than the list price.Nothing wrong with that i suppose.However when it comes to a Suzuki dealer doing it is it wrong?i.e Stoneacre advertising a shop soiled Z5 for  £22,995 when if your order one from same dealer and wait will cost you £18,035

I think it's wrong a main dealer bumping g up the price.

Speak to Suzuki UK see what they say.

They may just test the water as to what the public will pay. As much as I like them no way would I pay 20k for a Jimny.

It's no different to a Ferrari commanding prices above list price, I remember Volvo's first foray into SUV's had people paying five grand extra to be the first to be seen in them in school yards. 

Sellers market with this one, the stand out lesson for me is : get the shape/looks right and the sales will follow. 

23 minutes ago, figgy said:

I think it's wrong a main dealer bumping g up the price.

Speak to Suzuki UK see what they say.

They may just test the water as to what the public will pay. As much as I like them no way would I pay 20k for a Jimny.

Got an email back from Stoneacre,the car advertised is their demo (cant be sold for 12mths?) and not actually for sale.They state that its placed to  attract interest.However there is no indicator anywhere within the advert that it is anything other than a car for sale.Sure thats a breech of advertising somewhere.  

I wouldn't pay over the list price for one but keep seeing them popping up for 3/4 k more.Was shocked to see an actual authorised dealer advertising one for nearly 4k over list.Even though they have admitted its a advert and not a for sale add its still wrong.Why didn't they use their usual Auto Trader add if that's the case.

49201922569.jpg

492019225549.jpg