Whisky recommendations?

chrisjpainter

I'm looking for suggestions. This isn't for special drinking so no need to spend a load but want something reasonable, so perhaps up to £40 and happily take lower? Something not on the list below!

Caol Ila 12    Banahhabain 12     Bowmore 12 

Talisker 10    Laphroig 10             Lagavulin 16

Jura Origins   Jura Superstition   Ardmore

Old Pulteney 12 Dalmore 15       Glenlivet 12

Cadhu Gold

Edited by chrisjpainter

8 minutes ago, Saltings said:

paddy,  Jamerson's,  Bushmills,  Powers,  all Irish whiskeys  less peaty than scotch whisky  

I've never been a fan of Irish stuff, it's why none is in the list above. The list what I own currently and yes it's heavily Scotch favoured (save a Welsh interloper!) Truth be told, I enjoy the peatiness! 

I'm no expert but have had a few drops over the years and this is a country mile ahead of most and recon you would need to spend big bucks to beat it

https://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskies/royal-lochnagar-12-year-old-whisky/?utm_content=royal-lochnagar-12-year-old-whisky&currencyCode=GBP&utm_source=database&utm_medium=base&utm_campaign=mom_base_1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1MP5yd6N4gIVSrXtCh2ssQ-7EAQYASABEgKFDfD_BwE

I’m currently working on a project at Scapa Distillery in Orkney, so Scapa Skiren if you Fancy something without peat or their Glansa if you like a little smokiness. My current favourite though is Aberlour 12 year old. 

Suntory Toki if you want to expand the countries a little. It isn't smokey but I drink a lot of whiskey and find myself drawn to this of the collection. Definitely not for everyone but a good easy drinker.

https://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskies/suntory/suntory-toki-whisky/?utm_content=suntory/suntory-toki-whisky&currencyCode=GBP&utm_source=database&utm_medium=base&utm_campaign=mom_base_1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMImJzjkJSO4gIVF57VCh209AVWEAkYASABEgISjPD_BwE

Edited by LondonLuke

Ardberg or Laphroaig if you like lots of peat.

I and I suspect others like lot of what is on your list. So making suggestions is a bit difficult as your palate is different to others.

As I light malt for warmer months I like Glenmorangie.  One of the best cheap malts I've had is co op Highland malt their own brand.  Rich dried fruit flavours and very drinkable. Bushmilks black bush is quite peaty too.

Bunnahabhain is an Islay whisky from the other side so no peat, easy drinking and triple distilled i think? can't remember but did the tour.

Scapa Skiren, is good as is Oban.  A nice evening tipple could be Dalwhinnie or Strathisla.

If you like peaty then Laphroaig,Talisker, Bomore, and lagavulin.