Playing with guns

welsh1

15 minutes ago, Rim Fire said:

Are they real or fake it does say on set so maybe hollywood lookalikes  

It does't matter if real or fake, you don't lark around and point them at others, if you are making a film and the cameras are rolling then that is different, but mucking about a big no no.

I’m sorry, but I don’t see the problem. I grew up playing cowboys and Indians and cops and robbers.

My son and all his friends shot at each other with BB’s after I found them all appropriate eye protection, and a day out at Laser Quest alway ensured a full vehicle of both girls and boys.  

12 minutes ago, Scully said:

I’m sorry, but I don’t see the problem. I grew up playing cowboys and Indians and cops and robbers.

My son and all his friends shot at each other with BB’s after I found them all appropriate eye protection, and a day out at Laser Quest alway ensured a full vehicle of both girls and boys.  

I'm with you on this. 

For heaven's sake, when has playing with toys, whatever they may be, been deemed inappropriate.  The righteous snowflakes will be demanding paint balling should be banned next.

Some people really need to get a life.

1 hour ago, welsh1 said:

Words fail me after i saw this flicking through the news online, is it just me that gets a voice in my head shouting "NO NO NO"

NO NO NO it will  never work because neither of them have a finger on the trigger.

Edited by sportsbob

53 minutes ago, Scully said:

32 minutes ago, CharlieT said:

I'm with you on this. 

For heaven's sake, when has playing with toys, whatever they may be, been deemed inappropriate.  The righteous snowflakes will be demanding paint balling should be banned next.

Some people really need to get a life.

Im in this camp. They are playing cops and robbers with props. I pointed my cap gun at my brother numerous times growing up playing cowboys. If this is wrong then lets ban laser quest, paint ball and airsoft. 

If we all start picking fault in pictures like this we may as well give up now.

On a positive point least they haven't got their fingers on the trigger.

There have been many incidents of actors and extras being injured (even killed) by 'Hollywood' guns - most famously was Bruce Lee's son, Brandon, who was killed by an incorrectly loaded prop gun, while filming "The Crow"..............just saying.

2 hours ago, Scully said:

yep, this and playing paintball for many years, they're probably rubber anyway.

1 minute ago, Gordon R said:

Most people played with guns when they were growing up. The difference here is that they are adults, with very realistic looking guns. It was daft on many levels.

At first , this was my thought, setting a 'bad' example, pointing 'dangerous 'guns at each other whilst laughing.
Even though we know that the guns arent real, because it is after all a TV programme.

But then I though, for 'entertainment' we watch these very people, these actors, shoot each other in a variety of scenarios, with hyper realistic blood and brain matter adorning the walls.
People having their throats cut, violence on a scale that hopefully we never see in 'real life'

We sit and watch this type of thing, and ENJOY watching it, because it isnt real.
If it was , would we enjoy it ?

Like I say, my first impression was, that is just plain stupid, but is it any different to watching the drama itself ?
If its not, why is it wrong ?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1214491/Police-firearms-teacher-shot-civilian-Magnum-classroom-failed-instructor-course.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/1375388.stm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-47613706

Paint balling and bb are sports where it is clear what type of ammunition is used and it's capabilities.

While these two actors, think it's just fun and so it seems so do some on here, all it takes is one mistake, so you don't take the risk, treat dummy as live until proven othewise, and don't point a weapon at another, they are simple basic rules that should be adhered to.

And even if these are just blank firing props they would still have the capability to blind.

This was not part of the drama where the actors are shooting at each other and a props man is standing by who will have checked and double checked the safety of any firearm blank or otherwise, this was two people thinking it was funny to do this.

2 minutes ago, welsh1 said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1214491/Police-firearms-teacher-shot-civilian-Magnum-classroom-failed-instructor-course.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/1375388.stm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-47613706

Paint balling and bb are sports where it is clear what type of ammunition is used and it's capabilities.

While these two actors, think it's just fun and so it seems so do some on here, all it takes is one mistake, so you don't take the risk, treat dummy as live until proven othewise, and don't point a weapon at another, they are simple basic rules that should be adhered to.

And even if these are just blank firing props they would still have the capability to blind.

This was not part of the drama where the actors are shooting at each other and a props man is standing by who will have checked and double checked the safety of any firearm blank or otherwise, this was two people thinking it was funny to do this.

But how do any of us know that just before this photo these props weren't passed out and had been cleared (or are just rubber props like most these days), maybe it was just before a scene and they decided to have a play with known safe props

Just now, Deker said:

But how do any of us know that just before this photo these props weren't passed out and had been cleared (or are just rubber props like most these days), maybe it was just before a scene and they decided to have a play with known safe props

You have a fair point, but if there was a prop's man there he would have not allowed this if he was worth his place.

This picture is now out there showing it's a laugh to point a weapon at another, because they are both laughing in the picture.
How many times have we heard the tragic report of a yougster getting hold of their parents weapon and killing them, and while the parents hold a responsibility for leaving those weapons about, kids copy, and it must be fun to point it at people because those people in the paper did it to mark their birthday.

2 minutes ago, welsh1 said:

This picture is now out there showing it's a laugh to point a weapon at another, because they are both laughing in the picture.
How many times have we heard the tragic report of a yougster getting hold of their parents weapon and killing them, and while the parents hold a responsibility for leaving those weapons about, kids copy, and it must be fun to point it at people because those people in the paper did it to mark their birthday.

My point was, kids watch TV series and films all the time, where guns are pointed at people, fired, and props used to simulate bullet wounds and death.
If this picture is wrong, then so are the programmes depicting the 'drama' ?

1 minute ago, Rewulf said:

My point was, kids watch TV series and films all the time, where guns are pointed at people, fired, and props used to simulate bullet wounds and death.
If this picture is wrong, then so are the programmes depicting the 'drama' ?

this is a different context to a drama or cowboy film, this is a still photo showing two smiling people pointing weapons at each other while wishing one of them a happy birthday.

7 minutes ago, welsh1 said:

You have a fair point, but if there was a prop's man there he would have not allowed this if he was worth his place.

I think we're getting a bit carried away here.  These are two adults playing with prop guns and is no different to kids playing with toy guns and shouting 'bang' or whatever. 

Yes, the image is out there, but we see images of people pointing prop guns at each other and killing each other in the dramas we watch on a daily basis, and killing each other with prop guns. If merely pointing a toy gun at someone is sending out the wrong message then what is sent via images of people shooting each other? Like I said, we're getting a bit carried away. 

15 minutes ago, CharlieT said:

Well, I'm pleased to say that my grandson's still shoot each other with cap guns and horror of horrors, Granny and I join in. 

I must report myself to the thought police for such poor toy handling behavior !!

Based on this I will have to stop playing wild west games with my daughter. Shame I have finally got a convincing dying act now 😂