Who has signed the BASC survey?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yes n yes but this fiasco is making it look like my renewal isnt happening ,this carp started in February and they went shock ,horror probe, just as much as we did

.So why arent they screaming wot consultation with us where is it .No legal challenge ,no publicity campaign in the papers to let Joe Public know thanks to self serving idiot Packham <6.5 k to fly off bird watching with him >  farms are going to get hammered and their food bill just went up as less crops = Less cooking oil,less grain for bread ,more animal feed troughed by Crows n Magpies means higher meat prices .

DO the public even know who B,A,S,C are ?

Edited by clakk

14 hours ago, turbo33 said:

Guys, at the risk of alienating people, I have done all I can on a personal level, to make my voice heard. All I have asked on this thread, is that you total the numbers, yet its not happening and non specific replies to my last post of BASc and Signed is just lazy.  

900 views, 143 members online last night, about the same now, and only 49 ish signed.

You can lead a horse to water, but can't make it drink.

I have to concede, this is getting no where, and for those that can't be ***** to do anything...............well this is history in the making.

:good:........

4 hours ago, old'un said:

Guys, at the risk of alienating people, I have done all I can on a personal level, to make my voice heard. All I have asked on this thread, is that you total the numbers, yet its not happening and non specific replies to my last post of BASc and Signed is just lazy.  

Cannot help but agree that the number of people entering up what was requested by the OP is pretty p** poor ! Makes me wonder having raised an eyebrow more than once about posts on this forum, actually how many of the people on here actually shoot game or vermin; and how many are actually `keyboard-shooters`.

11 minutes ago, JJsDad said:

Cannot help but agree that the number of people entering up what was requested by the OP is pretty p** poor ! Makes me wonder having raised an eyebrow more than once about posts on this forum, actually how many of the people on here actually shoot game or vermin; and how many are actually `keyboard-shooters`.

Or lack of input from those that do.

24 minutes ago, JJsDad said:

12 minutes ago, old'un said:

Or lack of input from those that do.

So how are you going to compel those that haven't bothered to send the information in?

10 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

So how are you going to compel those that haven't bothered to send the information in?

Good question, I think that you and others have done about all you can to motivate people, just hope that the impact from those that have made an effort will have some bearing on the outcome.

36 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

have either done what they can or can live with not doing anything

Well I just hope the people who do not frequent this forum have flooded NE & DEFRA with complaints, because if we relied on forum members the next licence`s to be rolled out will have even more restrictions. A number of people on here should hold their heads in shame; they are lambasting our organisations for not being pro-active and yet havent bothered to vent their anger on the department that started all this. At least one who was knocking BASC, owns up to not even being a member ! Unbelievable.

BASC 44

SIGNED 60

Close on 100 online at the moment.......on a Pigeon shooting forum.......wanting to go pigeon shooting again....but can't be ***** to do anything about it! 

The totals show so far, that close on 1/3rd  are NOT BASC members, but have taken the time to sign the survey. So to all those that are online now, even if you aren't a member of BASC, stop being a voyeur here and go and sign the survey! Forward it to anyone you know.

Look, I'll make it really easy for you...........click on the link below and go to the end of the page and click on the box that has "NEXT" in it. You don't even have to write anything, its just mouse-click, next, repeat!!!!...DO IT!!

https://www.research.net/r/BASC-GLsurvey

Edited by turbo33

27 minutes ago, JJsDad said:

Well I just hope the people who do not frequent this forum have flooded NE & DEFRA with complaints, because if we relied on forum members the next licence`s to be rolled out will have even more restrictions. A number of people on here should hold their heads in shame; they are lambasting our organisations for not being pro-active and yet havent bothered to vent their anger on the department that started all this. At least one who was knocking BASC, owns up to not even being a member ! Unbelievable.

JJD please allow for the fact that a NON Member may well be an EX member!!!

27 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

JJD please allow for the fact that a NON Member may well be an EX member!!!

I don't have an issue with them not being a member Tightchoke. Its just interesting to see who is and who isn't. Thus far, it shows a lot of people aren't members, but have still put in the effort to protect our sport. Good on you chaps.

Before signing the BASC petition and also emailing DEFRA, I initially wrote to my local MP, Sir Roger Gale.

However, he is known for his views as being anti many things including fox hunting and has an animal rights agenda.

I received a reply in which he attached his somewhat mild missive to DEFRA, but nevertheless it was indicating his displeasure at the handling of the GL.

I didn`t really expect too much from him, knowing his own agenda and also how vociferous and volatile he can be over subjects closer to his heart, namely Manston Airport and its reopening, but at least he had the courtesy of replying.

On a similar vein, I note that another Kent MP, Anne Widdicomb (now retired), also a keen animal rights person, has joined Nigel Farage on his Brexit party. I just wonder how their very dissimilar views on rural matters such as this will fare. Hopefully NF will have the stronger views and overpower those of AW. 

661673662_RG30-04-19(2)001.jpg.55b63b331b923ab18156fffe3ef7a78a.jpg

9 minutes ago, turbo33 said:

Please remember that some of us are not eligible to take the survey. I've tried but it stops when I answer the first question. As I have explained in anther thread.

I have emailed both NE and DEFRA and sent some to my MP, with help from others on this forum copying theirs and tweaking into my own words.

If you are not controlling birds in England or in my case don't control birds you simply cannot take this survey.

Try for yourself answer no to the first question.

Edited by Newbie to this