29 years jail for gun makers

Dave-G

The old boy who actually made them is dead and buried.  A good result but watch some tree hugger come up in about 8 or 10yrs and say how they have mended there ways, found god or some other excuse to let them out, like the heap of garbage they have just managed to arrest ...eventually... for all the rapes and assaults, he was let out on license.  The rule should be DO THE CRIME, DO THE TIME.  It would solve knife and gun crime almost overnight if the minimum set sentence for carrying either when committing a crime was 25yrs with some special basic prisons built to house them.  When hanging was still in, criminals shied away from taking part in a crime if they knew one of the team was carrying a gun because they knew they would hang as well...... remember Christie?

2 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

The old boy who actually made them is dead and buried.  A good result but watch some tree hugger come up in about 8 or 10yrs and say how they have mended there ways, found god or some other excuse to let them out, like the heap of garbage they have just managed to arrest ...eventually... for all the rapes and assaults, he was let out on license.  The rule should be DO THE CRIME, DO THE TIME.  It would solve knife and gun crime almost overnight if the minimum set sentence for carrying either when committing a crime was 25yrs with some special basic prisons built to house them.  When hanging was still in, criminals shied away from taking part in a crime if they knew one of the team was carrying a gun because they knew they would hang as well...... remember Christie?

No, but I am sure you do!

3 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Yep, him and his mate were breaking and entering and caught by police on the roof, if I remember correctly his mate shot and killed a police officer and they were both dangled.   Big karfuffle even back then from the huggers.

Don't you mean Bentley? 

John Christie was hanged at  Pentonville Prison in 1953 for the murder of 8 people.  The film 10 Rillington Place was a drama/ documentary on his crimes. It is because of a major miscarriage of justice in this case when Christie gave prosecution evidence against Timothy Evans, that he was hanged in 1950. This eventually led to  the suspension of capital punishment for murder in 1965 and a posthumous pardon for Evans in 1966.

As for the gun makers I hope they get what they deserve inside. Problem is as I see it the Police have no idea just how many of their guns have reached the streets?

Edited by Flyboy1950

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

Now he is dead, does that make him 'Corpus Christie'.  Good old BBC in their 'Watchdog' programme last night were putting the blame for knife crime on the retailers who sold some knives to under 18's in test purchases.  I am sure the local supermarkets must be full of teenagers queuing up to buy a knife for their night out  ?  Of course the switched on teen would simply take one from his home kitchen on his way out.  Until we start handing out realistic sentences for their crimes, the kids are just having a laugh. In 2 recent TV programmes about assaults on Police Officers, around 6 cases went to Court,  not ONE of those convicted received custodial sentences. 86 Police Officers assaulted so far this year in Merseyside alone !

I used to have the job fairly frequently of taking young offenders from court to Borstal and it was amusing to see the look on these young 'toughies' faces when they arrived in reception.

Spoke to one or two on their release back on to my patch and they swore never to go back. It sorted 4 out of every 5.  Nothing is perfect.  Now they have to have cells with no bars on the windows and all mod cons and entertainment. 

19 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

I used to have the job fairly frequently of taking young offenders from court to Borstal and it was amusing to see the look on these young 'toughies' faces when they arrived in reception.

Spoke to one or two on their release back on to my patch and they swore never to go back. It sorted 4 out of every 5.  Nothing is perfect.  Now they have to have cells with no bars on the windows and all mod cons and entertainment. 

Im working in the green in birmingham as a contractor at the moment. There lives in there are a joke.