Undecided on 1st Shotgun purchase

Kent KPK

I've been looking at purchasing my first shotgun, second hand models with 32inch barrels.

Done quite a bit of reading and the club I've joined is pro Beretta.

Any thoughts on the following models, Pro's & Con's?

- 682 X Trap
- 686 Silver Pigeon
- Silver Pigeon Sporting
- SV10 Pro X Trap
- 682 Gold E
- 686 EVO

1 hour ago, Scully said:

I'm not really a Beretta fan, but of those, if you're shooting Trap then the 682X Trap, and if Sporting then the 682 Gold E.

Correct. 

Incidentally your post should be titled as "Help me decide" or similar rather than your forum name.

I've been looking at purchasing my first shotgun, second hand models with 32inch barrels. I'm 6'3'' and have been using this length with a shooting instructer at my club, the weight and barrel lengths feel extremely comfortable.

Any thoughts on the following models, Pro's & Con's?

- 682 X Trap
- 686 Silver Pigeon
- Silver Pigeon Sporting
- SV10 Pro X Trap
- 682 Gold E
- 686 EVO

Price wise I've also been looking at the ATA silver line, any thoughts on this make?

Thanks Kent

9 minutes ago, PPP said:

What are you going to use it for?

I'll only be using it for clays.

8 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, what gun did you use with the instructor and did you shoot well with it ? 

I used the Silver Pigeon as well as the EVO. Very comfortable with both but don't want to rush into spending £1200 - £1400 on my first shotgun when I could be looking at other options. 

14 minutes ago, Kent KPK said:

I used the Silver Pigeon as well as the EVO. Very comfortable with both but don't want to rush into spending £1200 - £1400 on my first shotgun when I could be looking at other options. 

hello, ok have a look at the Koffs , they do a 30inch barrel, sporter   

46 minutes ago, Kent KPK said:

I have both, although in 30.  If it’s only for clays and you like it  buy the Evo

Go and shoot other guns try other brands and styles.  It sounds like your not experienced enough to know what you like want or need yet. 

Buy well and the gun will retain its value so in a few years when you do know what you want you can supersede the first gun with what’s right.  Or do what loads of us do keep the first gun and add the second third  etc. 

2 hours ago, welshwarrior said:

Go and shoot other guns try other brands and styles.  It sounds like your not experienced enough to know what you like want or need yet. 

Buy well and the gun will retain its value so in a few years when you do know what you want you can supersede the first gun with what’s right.  Or do what loads of us do keep the first gun and add the second third  etc. 

Wise words. Also buy a big cabinet!😉