Wood Pigeon Shooting from a Legal Perspective.

On 10/05/2019 at 19:14, marsh man said:

We have got the go ahead and I am happy to comply with the non lethal requirements so lets stop worrying and get out in the countryside again and shoot a few pigeons .

Tomorrow I am going on some rape that have been topped due to pigeon damage in the winter months , the chances anyone picking faults in what I will doing are virtually nil and I think that will be the case with 99.9 of anyone else who is shooting over a valuable crop .

Time to get off the key board and get back to where we left off before this silly episode came into play .

:shoot: 

I did today on a rape field that's been hammered, 77 were very severely warned about their behaviour.

Edited by muncher

14 minutes ago, muncher said:

I did today on a rape field that's been hammered, 77 were very severely warned about their behaviour.

Brilliant , I bet a pound to a penny you didn't have anyone ask you any questions and you never gave the new regulations to much thought ( I know I didn't ) , you just carried on during what you are good at , well done , we mustn't call it sport so you done a good days work .

I knew I could rely on you get things moving again and within the next few days everyone will be following suit , when you think of it , complying to the new requirements isn't no great hardship .

I most probably done more than what is required today , I not only had one or two on the deck with out stretched  wings , I had two on extended rods swaying backwards and forwards and two more with the wings out going around in circles , if that wont keep them off then they deserve to be shot, then to make sure I was well within the law I gave a few warning shots every so often , the 19 that came home with me didn't take notice of warning shots or deterring decoys , so I think I passed with flying colours .

8 hours ago, marsh man said:

I knew I could rely on you get things moving again and within the next few days everyone will be following suit , when you think of it , complying to the new requirements isn't no great hardship .

I most probably done more than what is required today , I not only had one or two on the deck with out stretched  wings , I had two on extended rods swaying backwards and forwards and two more with the wings out going around in circles , if that wont keep them off then they deserve to be shot, then to make sure I was well within the law I gave a few warning shots every so often , the 19 that came home with me didn't take notice of warning shots or deterring decoys , so I think I passed with flying colours .

Well done MM. You certainly tried your best to deter them with all those scaring devices. I hope to be scaring a few next week, so will be using similar deterrents.

OB

2 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Hoorah!

Normal Service has been resumed!:good:

Not quite normal service , but good to be back out again , with a bit of luck any teething troubles will be sorted out by whoever by the time we get there ( stubble's ect ):good:

2 hours ago, Old Boggy said:

Well done MM. You certainly tried your best to deter them with all those scaring devices. I hope to be scaring a few next week, so will be using similar deterrents.

OB

Morning OB , Yes all my life I have tried to keep on the straight and narrow , ( apart from the minor kink here and there :lol: ) so getting used to these new rules isn't and wasn't as hard as we were led to believe .

GOOD LUCK when you go and put them to the test :good:

I’m having a bit of a problem 

advice please

im complying with the regulations and struggling a bit with dressing like a scarecrow 

I find most are better dressed than me 

any ideas or recommendations for the proper attire 

obviously cost is a issue as all my pest control is free to help land owners produce cheap food 

please note my tatty tired old camo just don’t frighten them enough 

7 hours ago, Old farrier said:

I’m having a bit of a problem 

advice please

im complying with the regulations and struggling a bit with dressing like a scarecrow 

I find most are better dressed than me 

any ideas or recommendations for the proper attire 

obviously cost is a issue as all my pest control is free to help land owners produce cheap food 

please note my tatty tired old camo just don’t frighten them enough 

You could well be in luck O F , when we moved I had a wardrobe for special events which the contents didn't see a lot of daylight due to apart from funerals the special events were far and few between , anyhow , as no longer needed I took them to the charity shop and although very apologetic they said they didn't need any more vintage clothing even though the rails were half empty .

So if you want a dark Grey pin strip suit with two buttons missing , the size is between 38 and 44 chest as it have been passed down the family a few times and the trousers are universal , the suit is f o c , but a donation to help the needy sent to my address would be appreciated :lol:

24 minutes ago, marsh man said:

You could well be in luck O F , when we moved I had a wardrobe for special events which the contents didn't see a lot of daylight due to apart from funerals the special events were far and few between , anyhow , as no longer needed I took them to the charity shop and although very apologetic they said they didn't need any more vintage clothing even though the rails were half empty .

So if you want a dark Grey pin strip suit with two buttons missing , the size is between 38 and 44 chest as it have been passed down the family a few times and the trousers are universal , the suit is f o c , but a donation to help the needy sent to my address would be appreciated :lol:

That is a very generous offer 👍

now here’s the problem would the pinstriped suit be considered normal wear I don’t want to fall foul of the regulations or for NE or DEFRA to think I’m not taking the new regulations seriously 🤭

ill have a scout around and see if I can find two buttons 😂

1 hour ago, Old farrier said:

That is a very generous offer 👍

now here’s the problem would the pinstriped suit be considered normal wear I don’t want to fall foul of the regulations or for NE or DEFRA to think I’m not taking the new regulations seriously 🤭

ill have a scout around and see if I can find two buttons 😂

Believe it or not , a scarecrow in a pin strip suit would look normal in Norfolk , a lot of the villages have scarecrow festivals in the county , the last one was the 7th of May at Martham with over 100 scarecrows and was attended by around 6000 people , 

Another village I went pass last year had some crackers , one was stuck in a chimney pot and another was stuck upside down on a ladder , so as there were no guide lines by N E to say what the scare crow had to look like you would be fine .:good:

22 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Believe it or not , a scarecrow in a pin strip suit would look normal in Norfolk , a lot of the villages have scarecrow festivals in the county , the last one was the 7th of May at Martham with over 100 scarecrows and was attended by around 6000 people , 

Another village I went pass last year had some crackers , one was stuck in a chimney pot and another was stuck upside down on a ladder , so as there were no guide lines by N E to say what the scare crow had to look like you would be fine .:good:

And how many wood pigeons?