Insurance Renewal

VicW

I got my renewal from Lloyds today for £412. I had already had quotes from Confused.com including one from Lloyds for £349. I called Lloyds to discuss the matter and was told that the best they could do was £398 but that if I had a better quote from Confused then go for that as it is treated as new business. This I did and confirmed with Lloyds that I was not renewing. I gave them my new policy number which was then checked and was confirmed to be OK so I saved £63. The crazy world of insurance.

Vic

When I got my renewal for my bike insurance this time last year I called my insurer and said I wouldn't be renewing as I had better quotes on online and they matched the lowest one for me. Same again this year but when I phoned my insurance company this year they said "O.K We won't renew when it runs out." Click. Brrrrr. 

I renewed with a completely different broker, but the insurance was exactly the same product from exactly the same company for 25% less.

16 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Blimey Vic, what do you drive? Something fast and expensive?

The lowest quote on Confused was £345 and that was the RAC. Quotes are based on statistics  which is why youngsters pay high premiums.

Me, I'm just a knackered old **** of 81 driving an ordinary Jazz in Lincolnshire. 

Vic.

Same thing happened to me with house and contents insurance with the Co Op, got the renewal price, ran it through Go Compare and it was £54.00 less for a new policy. Rang the Co Op expecting them to say that they would price match, no chance at all so took out a new policy, last year they were only too happy to match the online price, as Vic said, the crazy world of insurance. Atb S.

14 hours ago, VicW said:

The lowest quote on Confused was £345 and that was the RAC. Quotes are based on statistics  which is why youngsters pay high premiums.

Me, I'm just a knackered old **** of 81 driving an ordinary Jazz in Lincolnshire. 

Vic.

Still think that is an awfully high premium!

18 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Vic I live just south of Stamford, am 54 and drive a little Fiat Punto with a 1.2 litre engine and pay £168 per annum fully comprehensive!

Well done! As a matter of interest what company are you with?

Vic.

Edited by VicW

• 4 weeks later...