email programmes.

Cranfield

I have recently moved from Win 7 pro to Win 10.

I use to have Outlook as my email programme, but now I have Win Mail.
It now appears that Win Mail does not save emails from btinternet.com addys, it autodeletes them once they have been read.
In BT chat they tell me this is normal, as their email programme has limited storage and the alternatives are to either create files and store the emails, or change Win Mail.
They say that Outlook is still available for Win10 , but Googling a download it seems there is some doubt if it is still supported, or free.

I would mention that I have a gmail email account linked into Win Mail and that saves all my emails. 

Can anyone suggest a decent email programme that retains all email history (unless I manually delete it), or comment as to whether they have Outlook o Win10.

On 11/05/2019 at 09:46, Cranfield said:

It now appears that Win Mail does not save emails from btinternet.com addys, it autodeletes

Not really.  It depends how your email program connects to the mail server at BT.

To get technical, if you connect using a protocol called IMAP it will download and keep your emails (they should still be on BT too, my dads worked ok like that.

There is a free mail service anyone can use to get their email anywhere at any time but I can't for the life of me think what its called.  All you need is the name of your mail server and your username and password. 

Some clever spark here should know it.  I will try and find it at home tonight.

If you have old MS Office discs you can still use Outlook, wife uses Outlook 2007 works fine on Win 10,

RS