Back on the tools

Decided it's about time I got back into carving some sticks some might remember me from a way back so here goes got a couple of orders one for a cocker and another for a mallard drake only I didn't think about posting anything a here until I saw Holloways tufted so we'll have to see how this pans out. The wood for the spaniel was alder a much underrated wood for carving but for the mallard I have some pieces of black walnut kick around. . 

First a picture of the cocker so far still needs finishing lacquer to be applied. .

20190512_104449.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/05/2019 at 20:16, Gordon R said:

I doff my cap to you - brilliant.

There you go Gordon , your new hobby . I have made a few in the past . Its a lovely hobby . Going out finding the stick to cut . And learning a new hobby and reading up . I used to make them and give them to friends and family .

Edited by johnphilip

• 1 month later...

Hi all at last I have found a couple of hours to spend in the shed working on the duck head I started a time back now this is where it gets fiddly matching one side to the other..both eyes just pushed in so I can get the eye sockets right..a few more hours and hopefully it will come to it...

20190710_225911.jpg

20190710_225841.jpg