Pigeon Scareing Equipment

Right got all my scaring kit for the pigeons and blacks, they are, rope bangers, 6 canes plus feed bags and my just arrived 6mtr hawk kite, oh….and a note pad,

I think that should do it if I am challenged, so can I go shoot some pigeons and blacks please Mr Packham. :)

pigeon gear.jpg

Edited by old'un

6 minutes ago, Clodhopper said:

Brilliant, you are nearly there. You now only need a chainsaw for felling sitty trees and a loud speaker to play a pigeon distress call. Have you thought about employing a one man band to patrol your permissions? 

Nooooooooo 

one man band don’t do it

entertainment licenses not to mention emperors liability insurance it’s a

mine field (idea) 😂 

• 2 weeks later...

I am absolutely exhausted, been out 3 times on 400 acres of peas, its taken me an hour each time to put out the flags, run about scaring off the pigeons and then another hour clearing away after I have finished firing shots into the air to scare incoming pigeons,

The birds just sit in the trees laughing at me, and as soon as I pack up they hit the pea's anyway, its not that much different from what I was doing before except I did manage to bag a few pigeons, now I am too exhausted to bother putting out decoys as I would feel bad anyway if I accidentally hit a passing pigeon whilst firing all those warning shots. 

Now all I have to figure out is what to plant in all the bald patches in the pea fields !!!!!!!! 

1 minute ago, lakeside1000 said:

I am absolutely exhausted, been out 3 times on 400 acres of peas, its taken me an hour each time to put out the flags, run about scaring off the pigeons and then another hour clearing away after I have finished firing shots into the air to scare incoming pigeons,

The birds just sit in the trees laughing at me, and as soon as I pack up they hit the pea's anyway, its not that much different from what I was doing before except I did manage to bag a few pigeons, now I am too exhausted to bother putting out decoys as I would feel bad anyway if I accidentally hit a passing pigeon whilst firing all those warning shots. 

Now all I have to figure out is what to plant in all the bald patches in the pea fields !!!!!!!! 

So when do you plan to start cutting down all of the SITTY TREES as per the requirements of GL31?

They are all on the neighbours land and he doesn't shoot so no free firewood there. I did wonder if he would let me climb up into the top branches and fix some flags, the wife thinks it might be a bit too risky as I might damage a tree !!!!

Edited by lakeside1000

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎21‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 14:54, TIGHTCHOKE said:

So when do you plan to start cutting down all of the SITTY TREES as per the requirements of GL31?

Try a drone  bought from Argos if you are miles away from aircraft  runways. BUT EVEN that is  now we have been told BANNED  (we stick a woody onto one as decoy ) banned for us here as we have a private light aircraft airfield nearby.What is the world coming to. I Hope your peas are safe from the bombardment and lets hope the talks next wee result in a solution with Grove..

On ‎12‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 15:23, old'un said:

Right got all my scaring kit for the pigeons and blacks, they are, rope bangers, 6 canes plus feed bags and my just arrived 6mtr hawk kite, oh….and a note pad,

I think that should do it if I am challenged, so can I go shoot some pigeons and blacks please Mr Packham.

pigeon gear.jpg

Very nice of you Old un, now we can all print that photo off and add it to our portfolios :yes: