Steyr scout pro

figgy

I think that this is the way forward where hunting rifles are concerned - once the system has been thoroughly tested confidence in it's ability will grow and larger production runs will bring prices down. How often have you pulled the trigger only to have a twig move in the way or a Squirrel drop it's head just at the wrong moment - with your quarry alarmed even the slightest click of a side lever being operated will cost you the kill - the ability to send another pellet down range without any discernible  sound or movement can only be a bonus. Only downside I can see is that some idiots may be tempted to follow a moving target and just keep firing - the chances of wounding would be unjustifiable but I can see the temptation.

2 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

I think that this is the way forward where hunting rifles are concerned - once the system has been thoroughly tested confidence in it's ability will grow and larger production runs will bring prices down. How often have you pulled the trigger only to have a twig move in the way or a Squirrel drop it's head just at the wrong moment - with your quarry alarmed even the slightest click of a side lever being operated will cost you the kill - the ability to send another pellet down range without any discernible  sound or movement can only be a bonus. Only downside I can see is that some idiots may be tempted to follow a moving target and just keep firing - the chances of wounding would be unjustifiable but I can see the temptation.

We used it on rats to great effect with nv. Got another chicken house being emptied this week so it will be busy clearing rats

39 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

For Rat shooting i can see it being perfect. But 2.5k for a rat gun takes the buscuit. 

I guess its an obvious  evolutionary process .

Single shot.  to 10 shot bolt mag  to .semi auto . To full auto .

I know we are talking 12 ftlb air rifles but they are available in FAC, would it be legal to own a fully auto air rifle?

2 hours ago, Ultrastu said:

For Rat shooting i can see it being perfect. But 2.5k for a rat gun takes the buscuit. 

The guy shoots ft hft pistol comps. It's his thing to be fair spent a fortune on airguns. But that is what he is into and I don't begrudge him. I spend a fair bit on powder burners. Not that the wife knows

47 minutes ago, old'un said:

I know we are talking 12 ftlb air rifles but they are available in FAC, would it be legal to own a fully auto air rifle?

No full auto and semi auto arent legal for airguns in rhe uk 

The steyr  isnt offcially a sa. 

12 hours ago, Ultrastu said:

Full auto?  Dream on my man. 😄

There is a lot of confusion about terms such as semi-auto, full auto. The Firearms Act prohibits "self-loading". The Steyr, and others like my Crosman 600, come in under the radar because they don't automatically load a pellet in the breech,  instead they index the magazine, from which the pellet is fired. 

The effect is much the same and only serves to illustrate the stupidity of firearms law in the UK, excluding Northern Ireland, which is of course part of the UK,  but has its own laws, including carrying for self-defence. 🔫😎

You couldn't make it up.

Thought i watched a video a few years ago about semi auto airguns. Not actually being illegal but a grey area and gentleman's understanding between UK manufacturers not to produce them for home country sales.

I've used full auto air rifles at a fairground decades ago.

Edited by figgy