BASC Defra response

18 minutes ago, David BASC said:

Copy of the BASC response to Defra

Thanks David. Any idea how many completed your on line survey ?

2 minutes ago, JJsDad said:

Any idea how many completed your on line survey ?

David. Apologies, if I had looked the website my answer is there. 29,000 plus.

Shame on those members who just couldnt be bothered.

39 minutes ago, David BASC said:

Copy of the BASC response to Defra is on the BASC website, General Licence section

David

Some great work here to be fair, when are BASC expecting a decision or at least comment from DEFRA?

8 minutes ago, spurs 14 said:

That looks like everything has been covered , gotta be honest couple bits went over my head but think that covered everyone’s concerns , can’t believe that so few people did the survey or contacted Defra , what do they want sit on their **** and let others do the work then moan if it goes tits up , this is a serious threat to the whole shooting community ! 

Over 29,600 responses in five days!.......is not bad for a short notice survey!........other organisations have also hopefully responded on behalf of their membership too (I know GWCT have) and I'm sure many individuals also responded to DEFRA independently......whether it will be enough only time will tell!

So I keep hearing that you don’t need to apply for a license for wood pigeon, you just need to keep a record of the attempts made to discourage them before shooting needed to happen. 

Can you confirm or deny this please 

12 minutes ago, rimmie said:

So I keep hearing that you don’t need to apply for a license for wood pigeon, you just need to keep a record of the attempts made to discourage them before shooting needed to happen. 

Hi Rimmie

Id suggest reading it for yourself, if you fall foul then ‘ the internet said it was fine’ won’t be much of a defence.  The biggest issue is with it ( and it’s not my area of law) is that it’s so open to (mis) interpretation that you need to know why you have interpreted it in the way you have if questioned to stand a good chance..

8 minutes ago, Pigeon Shredder. said:

As a CA member l can confirm that l have heard sweet xxxx all from them regarding these issues, did get a bit about drag hunting the other day 🙄 that really impressed me, not.

The have been putting alot up on social media, Instagram has had quite a bit on There page.  Would of thought emails would be sent out. 

Gove admits he will run to be PM/Tory leader when May goes. Therefore as I suggested before he needs to be seen by the countryside to be doing something about the bird license fiasco.

I would not be in the least urprised if he actually reverted back to the original system until it was fully revsed where necessary, if necessary.  It would not change my opinion of him but a lot of people would be swayed.

10 hours ago, rimmie said:

Read the license!!

48 minutes ago, motty said:

Read the license!!

I just dont believe some of these guys ! The licence has been out for over a week and people have put a link on here so that it is readily accessible. Totally beats me how they can propose going pigeon shooting without even having had a browse through what is required to stay within the law !

9 minutes ago, JJsDad said:

I just dont believe some of these guys ! The licence has been out for over a week and people have put a link on here so that it is readily accessible. Totally beats me how they can propose going pigeon shooting without even having had a browse through what is required to stay within the law !

Hasn't that been happening for the passed 40 odd years?

16 minutes ago, wymberley said:

Hasn't that been happening for the passed 40 odd years?

It certainly has, I posted earlier in this whole debacle that I had got in to an argument at the clay shoot with guys that readily admitted they knew nothing of the old General licences, 04, 05 and 06 and their biggest grumble was whether they might get in to trouble by going out unaware of the changes. They didn't like being told they didn't know of the old version, let alone the new rules and seemed certain that they should have been individually notified of any changes!

Gawd help the shooting community!

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, could you not just put a link on ? 

If you care to look, `Tightchoke` has already put a link up to the general licence, its on another thread concerning the GL being unfit for purpose.

Edited by JJsDad