When was the last frost?

lord_seagrave

Apologies if there’s an easy internet resource that tells you this, but I canning now remember when we last had frost here (in Milton Keynes).

Spring has been so mild, and I honestly can’t remember a frosty morning in April. :hmm:

Only curiosity, really, sparked as I’m hardening off squash seedlings ready to plant into the allotment this weekend. Last year I sowed them indoors far too early and they were a tangled mess (and about to flower!) by the time I actually managed to get them outside. However, I’m wondering when the earliest I could have planted them outdoors might have been...

As I said, just simple curiosity, rather than anything else, I doubt I’ll start any earlier next year! :lol:

LS

My 2017 diary tells me we had one on the 10th May 2017. Have ot had one here ...west Leicestershire ... for about 4 weeks and then only a slight air frost putting a coat of ice on the Landie's windows just  on one side .  We sit at about 330ft above sea level and I never put soft plants out before the end of May although all of my dahlias are well up, so fingers crossed.  Cougettes just pushing through but have some cloches to put on them.

Edited by Walker570

1 hour ago, wisdom said:

Sunday morning in Lancashire 

Not a lot but would have frightened them.

really? Im working in Cumbria, up at crack of dawn and haven't seen any frost in the last month, would have thought Lancs was the same. 

17 hours ago, figgy said:

Haven't you filled her crack in yet?

The old saying of never cast a clout till may is out seems true.

Lost half a dozen plants this year with frost.

old ones are the best 😅😅

And interesting knowing when people have had frost, thought we were well past it.