Individual licences

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Like others on here I have permission over several thousand acres and twenty something farms,do they seriously expect me to list each and every farm,with Post Code and Map Reference,and does this refer to the homestead,the office,the yard or the land,which is often miles from the farm itself ? 

22 minutes ago, kaunda said:

Like others on here I have permission over several thousand acres and twenty something farms,do they seriously expect me to list each and every farm,with Post Code and Map Reference,and does this refer to the homestead,the office,the yard or the land,which is often miles from the farm itself ? 

Thats fair, i have multiple perms so glad it stated that else like you it would be a case of filling in multiple forms. Still only got one licence back so far... 

22 minutes ago, B725 said:

I applied last week as did my mate and not got anything back and no reply to my complaint either. 

Which have you applied for? I applied for flora/fauna and livestock feed. Got one back within 24hours but nkt had the other, just the acknowledgement of me submitting it

11 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

Which have you applied for? I applied for flora/fauna and livestock feed. Got one back within 24hours but nkt had the other, just the acknowledgement of me submitting it

What species have you applied to shoot? 

Livestock as in the next couple of weeks there will be around 200 crow's, rooks and magpie trying to get into the cattle sheds after the food. They sheds cannot be sealed off and for the last two or three year's we have had a couple of 100 plus morning's thinning them out then it drops to around the 30 mark each time we go. Despite this the number's are still there. 

33 minutes ago, oowee said:

What species have you applied to shoot? 

All corvids on flora fauna. 

Carrion, rook, jackdaw for feed as thats the main issue on the few perms I do that for. 

32 minutes ago, B725 said:

Livestock as in the next couple of weeks there will be around 200 crow's, rooks and magpie trying to get into the cattle sheds after the food. They sheds cannot be sealed off and for the last two or three year's we have had a couple of 100 plus morning's thinning them out then it drops to around the 30 mark each time we go. Despite this the number's are still there. 

Exactly the reason I put in for, but one perm i have its more like 1000 in the feed bins. 

On 14/05/2019 at 18:11, B725 said:

They descend like a plauge of locusts in a black cloud even his neighbour wants them gone, not farmer's but they have to huge amount of droppings. 

Have you heard about your individual licence yet? Im still waiting on the 19-03 prevent damage.. Got 19-02 back within a day. 

No just the one but it does all I need. I was thinking I need the flora and fauna for crops (which was not returned) but reading the damage one I am covered. I made the point in the application that it's for cattle as much as sheep and piglets. The rooks are a major concern on two of the farms I shoot over, where they are harassing the cattle around the feed stations and causing the cattle to panic and fall. The area is too large to net and the farmer and I have tried scarers but noise is a problem again for the cattle. 

Edited by oowee

One aspect of this individual licence application sittuation is that those Applying for individual licences right now before we as in we the shooting comunity have a real licence back in place is the THEY government DEFRA NE whoever. Could use the fact that WE shooters are applying in droves foir these individual licences and there for in theory and by the fact some are applying the shooters of this country want the individual licence.

We will know in the not too distant future, but what i will say here and now. IF we end up on individual licences i myself will lay that to a good % at those buying into this NE nonsense.  And why i will wait for the outcome from DEFRA at this stage.

On ‎14‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 12:39, ShootingEgg said:

Applied for two yesterday and have had one back this morning all okay, strange though that they ask you for the exact grid ref and address of the land, then it just says any county in England on the licence itself. so looks to not be restricted to the land put down??? 

May I ask how you applied cannot get on, on  my  computer neither on my wifes new one or phone, so I cannot apply !!!!!!

2 hours ago, lancer425 said:

One aspect of this individual licence application sittuation is that those Applying for individual licences right now before we as in we the shooting comunity have a real licence back in place is the THEY government DEFRA NE whoever. Could use the fact that WE shooters are applying in droves foir these individual licences and there for in theory and by the fact some are applying the shooters of this country want the individual licence.

We will know in the not too distant future, but what i will say here and now. IF we end up on individual licences i myself will lay that to a good % at those buying into this NE nonsense.  And why i will wait for the outcome from DEFRA at this stage.

It's certainly not by choice. looking at the licence I don't think it's what NE want either. 

I have applied for several under the preservation of public health and public safety banner to move on some herring Gull nests and eggs off roofs. I must have put in for 6 or 7 by now and I haven't heard anything and it's been over a week. Any comments?

27 minutes ago, Prospero said:

I have applied for several under the preservation of public health and public safety banner to move on some herring Gull nests and eggs off roofs. I must have put in for 6 or 7 by now and I haven't heard anything and it's been over a week. Any comments?

I applied two weeks ago and not a thing from them, but they do state that if you need to shoot before you get your licence you can do so but you must email them before you start shooting.