The Wait Continues

In the light that the interim CEOs (Ms Spain`s) timetable and position statement (still shown on Natural Englands website) concerning the roll-out of the new style General Licences (GL) that are now wildly out of date and discredited by the intervention of Mr Gove. I sent an email this morning asking for the position statement and timetable to be reviewed as a matter of some urgency. As Mr Gove has at least in part, transfered the responsibilty of resolving this mess to Defra, Ms Spain can have very little to do and should take this opportunity to perhaps consider publishing a factual update on the current position and give the many thousands of people watching this car crash evolve, the curtesy of an explanation.

The anti-shooting agenda inherent in Natural England`s senior management and injected into GL31 has been widely recognised for what it was; i.e;  an attempt to introduce creeping legislation on shooting on the back of Wild Justice`s legal challenge.

If anyone else feels they wish to continue to vent their resentment on a discredited and unelected department who have cynically tried to restrict pest control in this country the link below is apparently the email address to use.

Being ever the pessimist, I did point out that I would not be holding my breath waiting for Ms Spain to explain the current position.

birds2019@naturalengland.org.uk

Edited by JJsDad
Spelling

18 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I look forward to an answer, but will not be holding my breath.

You and me both. I got an automated acknowledgement virtually straight away, however the link is evidently connected to those responsible for issuing the individual licence`s as it was rambling on about high volumes of enquiries & applications blah, blah.

I expect the recipient at NE reached straight for the delete button. However, if I dont get a response within a week or so I will ask the question why ?

Might just concentrate their collective minds they are not free to totally ignore Joe Public, who via his tax`s pays these cretins wages.

27 minutes ago, JJsDad said:

You and me both. I got an automated acknowledgement virtually straight away, however the link is evidently connected to those responsible for issuing the individual licence`s as it was rambling on about high volumes of enquiries & applications blah, blah.

I expect the recipient at NE reached straight for the delete button. However, if I dont get a response within a week or so I will ask the question why ?

Might just concentrate their collective minds they are not free to totally ignore Joe Public, who via his tax`s pays these cretins wages.

have you seen the Wild Justice Response posted by Mick?

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE
Ccapitalisation.

56 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Wild Justice Response posted by Mick?

Thanks. I have now. Thought provoking I must admit; but I would dispute some of the claims that there is no evidence that Magpies and Crows in particlular are a predatory and damaging specie. Hopefully Mr Gove will not offer them (WJ) a seat around the table as they have requested. That will be the thin end of the wedge when they select their next target. This agenda is firmly aimed at the shooting community per se, perhaps Cat owners who`s cuddly pet(s) kill more small birds than all the pigen shooters in the country put together, will be next in line ! 

2 minutes ago, JJsDad said:

Thanks. I have now. Thought provoking I must admit; but I would dispute some of the claims that there is no evidence that Magpies and Crows in particlular are a predatory and damaging specie. Hopefully Mr Gove will not offer them (WJ) a seat around the table as they have requested. That will be the thin end of the wedge when they select their next target. This agenda is firmly aimed at the shooting community per se, perhaps Cat owners who`s cuddly pet(s) kill more small birds than all the pigen shooters in the country put together, will be next in line ! 

Oh they are, but it is only "NATURE AT WORK!"

WJ  should not have any say in the GL or any policy making!!! Packham and Avery have caused to much negative conflict the past! Causing miss trust between the shooting orgs land owners/managers/ keepers and the conservation bodies! And with there latest attempt have damaged a lot of any renewed trust that had been built in recent years! If they really care about conservation  they should listen to trust and acknowledge people that are really doing the work that matters! Making a real difference  helping to conserve wildlife, create habitat and protect some of the red list species they claim to care so much about and want to help! They would learn a lot of us shooters are extremely knowledgeable true passionate conservationists  with no agenda! Doing a huge amount of work where it really matters! Way beyond just pulling the trigger!!!!