Buying a air rifle.

rimfire4969

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, today i went out and picked up/bought my self a nice 177 PCP, i was thinking to buy a new one when i sell the FX vermy MK 1 22 but this was i thought a reasonable deal, KRAL NP 02 in as new condition (3 months old)  with i think a Hogan silencer and  Bushnell scope, (i know there are copies) but it looks ok, paid £250, 

Good price mate. If you struggle with accuracy change from the Hogan silencer as they have been nown in the past for inconsistancy down range. Good deal though budy

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok heres some more of my rifles.

Starting off with my bsa ultra se tactical. Its fully tuned by XTX Air. With a huma Reg installed and polished trigger sears. Its running 11.7 with H&N baracuda match 4.52mm. It has a Huub shroud. Rowan fully adjustable trigger. Hawke airmax calibrated to the rifle with poi sticker for quick and easy ranging.

Second is my Air Arms TX200HC dressed in a CS800 custom stock. All internals removed and replaced with Sandwell field sports custom internals polished and made via there laithe for best fitment. Theres hardly any recoil now. Triggers had work done also polished sears etc. This is one accurate rifle now. I was going to sell it but once the Timbun kit was removed and a proper tune was carried out i now dont want to get rid of it.

20190706_194443.jpg

20190706_194521.jpg

20190706_194620.jpg

20190706_194636.jpg

20190706_194649.jpg

20190706_194752.jpg

20190706_194851.jpg

1 hour ago, Arron yeates said:

Good price mate. If you struggle with accuracy change from the Hogan silencer as they have been nown in the past for inconsistancy down range. Good deal though budy

hello, had to meet half way so an extra tenner, 1 duff magazine but i can fix that, he said the silencer cost £60 so not sure if a hogan, any i will give it a clean up and try out tomorrow

5 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, had to meet half way so an extra tenner, 1 duff magazine but i can fix that, he said the silencer cost £60 so not sure if a hogan, any i will give it a clean up and try out tomorrow

Fair play mate. My pals got one of these he says how good it is accuracy wise. Get some pics up. What pellets you going to try

Ok heres some more of my rifles.

Starting off with my bsa ultra se tactical. Its fully tuned by XTX Air. With a huma Reg installed and polished trigger sears. Its running 11.7 with H&N baracuda match 4.52mm. It has a Huub shroud. Rowan fully adjustable trigger. Hawke airmax calibrated to the rifle with poi sticker for quick and easy ranging.

Second is my Air Arms TX200HC dressed in a CS800 custom stock. All internals removed and replaced with Sandwell field sports custom internals polished and made via there laithe for best fitment. Theres hardly any recoil now. Triggers had work done also polished sears etc. This is one accurate rifle now. I was going to sell it but once the Timbun kit was removed and a proper tune was carried out i now dont want to get rid of it.

20190706_194443.jpg

20190706_194521.jpg

20190706_194620.jpg

20190706_194636.jpg

20190706_194649.jpg

20190706_194752.jpg

20190706_194851.jpg

Thats the first tx I've seen that I don't think looks like a pig. That is one sexy looking springer 👍

Thank you. That means alot. It shoulders nice in this stock. I did the stock finish Using tru oil and wax. 

It does look very nice, i haven't held a tx in probably 20 years, I'm guessing she's still heavy?

14 minutes ago, Mice! said:

It does look very nice, i haven't held a tx in probably 20 years, I'm guessing she's still heavy?

Haha yeah it is. Well balanced though. But since the cs800 stocks fitted if feels little more fromt heavy wich i struggle with for standing shots compared to the Sandwell field sports IMP in CS500 stock now thats ever so balanced with the hawke airmax compact on top

13 hours ago, Arron yeates said:

Fair play mate. My pals got one of these he says how good it is accuracy wise. Get some pics up. What pellets you going to try

hello, quite a few people have said to try JSBs heavies, i got about 30 and a full tin of AA fields, i do not the the AAs will be any good ,   

2 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, quite a few people have said to try JSBs heavies, i got about 30 and a full tin of AA fields, i do not the the AAs will be any good ,   

Worth a try ill ask my mate what he uses in his and let you know size and brand. My be jsb 8.44 grain which are the same as air arms field black and yellow tin.

18 hours ago, Arron yeates said:

Worth a try ill ask my mate what he uses in his and let you know size and brand. My be jsb 8.44 grain which are the same as air arms field black and yellow tin.

My mate said most jsb are good but polymags have the edge but they are more money. He said once the trigger is adjusted properly its a good rifle

Edited by Arron yeates

On 07/07/2019 at 10:03, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, i tried the JSBs 177 heavies and they do pack a punch in a scaffold plank, i need to sort out my shooting tripod sticks so i can get a better zero, but one of the fishing members has a proper shooting /table rest so i hope to try that, one thing i can say although the weight is stated at 2.95 Kg plus scope and mod its not an easy rifle to hold like my FX Vermy.

3 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, i tried the JSBs 177 heavies and they do pack a punch in a scaffold plank, i need to sort out my shooting tripod sticks so i can get a better zero, but one of the fishing members has a proper shooting /table rest so i hope to try that, one thing i can say although the weight is stated at 2.95 Kg plus scope and mod its not an easy rifle to hold like my FX Vermy.

Are you finding it heavy then? What about installing a bipod? I shoot off sand bags or a shooting cussion get get a solid stance either prone or sitting.

42 minutes ago, Arron yeates said:

Are you finding it heavy then? What about installing a bipod? I shoot off sand bags or a shooting cussion get get a solid stance either prone or sitting.

hello, yes it is but i do not like bipods fitted to a rifle, i am fixing my shooting sticks back to a 3 leg as it got broken that will take the extra weight, i do not shoot targets only to do the zero POI, then i shall use on the ferals around the barns, i have some Bisley magnums coming in the post to try in the NP, i also found the hammer sound was louder than the FX but i was expecting that, it was also sold in late 2018 by Solways but cant have shot more than a tin of pellets, will see how it goes,   

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

7 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, yes it is but i do not like bipods fitted to a rifle, i am fixing my shooting sticks back to a 3 leg as it got broken that will take the extra weight, i do not shoot targets only to do the zero POI, then i shall use on the ferals around the barns, i have some Bisley magnums coming in the post to try in the NP, i also found the hammer sound was louder than the FX but i was expecting that, it was also sold in late 2018 by Solways but cant have shot more than a tin of pellets, will see how it goes,   

Fair play. Yeah keep us updated on how you get on. Couldnt really compare the fx to the kral id say 2 different class rifles however the krals meant to be good from what my pal said and i think he has ove 30 rifles all being top end.