Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
rimfire4969

Buying a air rifle.

Recommended Posts

On 15/05/2019 at 16:31, Harnser said:

Be careful . I would look else where . Try a wanted add on here ,there are some good old boys on here .

harnset

the only person i would buy a gun from on photos would be our resident Bosher of bunnies........i have never bought one from him....but the many other folk who have...usualy say it is far better than described...:good:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, how did a delrin made tuning kit ruin this air rifle? who fitted the tinbum kit ?

No idea buddy, it was all over the place on the chrony and very harsh to fire. It had been installed correctly however the spring guide had snapped. When i took it to sfs they showed me a black bag quartre full of the same kits from other rifles that had broke fom timbun. Now im not saying there **** but after sandwell field sports removed it all and polished and made all new internals for it its apsolutly great to shoot. Groups 200 times better than before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Arron yeates said:

No idea buddy, it was all over the place on the chrony and very harsh to fire. It had been installed correctly however the spring guide had snapped. When i took it to sfs they showed me a black bag quartre full of the same kits from other rifles that had broke fom timbun. Now im not saying there **** but after sandwell field sports removed it all and polished and made all new internals for it its apsolutly great to shoot. Groups 200 times better than before.

hello, maybe they should send them back to him, never heard of a top hat breaking, anyway hope all goes well with yours now, cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, maybe they should send them back to him, never heard of a top hat breaking, anyway hope all goes well with yours now, cheers

I dont get involved in the polatics mate, just seen a bag full of them removed from rifles. Comparing the tbt kit compared to the workmanship put into mine doesnt compare. But then it is a drop in kit not a tuning kit from tbt

Edited by Arron yeates

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, maybe they should send them back to him, never heard of a top hat breaking, anyway hope all goes well with yours now, cheers

Think being the top hat being so small it wouldn't break. I think he's on about the spring guide, which with a incorrectly fitted spring, I could maybe see break if allowed to twist with a poor fitting spring. Tuning kits are only good if fitted right, most ram in a ox spring and expect it to kill a elephant but shoot like a pcp. The idea of actually shortening a brand new spring and polishing areas blows some people's minds. 

Ps I'm not having a go at the op, just I've installed a tinbum kit, and it's miles better than what my gun came with (which wasn't hard) 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never a fan of ox mainspring kits, fitted lots in the early nineties for people. Preferred a spring called air force spring. Polished up nice and settled to shoot very smooth. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, figgy said:

Never a fan of ox mainspring kits, fitted lots in the early nineties for people. Preferred a spring called air force spring. Polished up nice and settled to shoot very smooth. 

No I hate ox as well. Just used it for an example 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, strimmer_13 said:

No I hate ox as well. Just used it for an example 👍

Know what you mean. Bit like thumpy shotgun carts. There no faster just more uncomfortable to shoot. Just like ox spring kits.

Air gun tuning is a fine balance of polishing honing and changing the right bits. Only way to more power is more air.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spring guns are sooooo complicated there is just so much gping on .

When all the elements balance then the gun will be easy and a joy to shoot .

It will probably be more powerful too .

Often the harsher they are the lower the energy (not always ) but a sweeter gun will be more accurate and better for it .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah it was the spring guides on the one i saw that were broken. Including mine. Ive worked on tx200 many times easy to work on. It was all new and worki g fine then started getting louder and then problems. Not sure what spring Sfs have put in but its ever so quiet now it doesnt sound like a springer. It was all polished and all work done on the laithe so its perfect for my rifle. I have never shot a tx200 thats so smooth. I also have the sfs Imp AKA Hw99s tuned in cs500 stock looks and shoots awsome. 

 

Stu hows the ultra FAC going

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, strimmer_13 said:

Think being the top hat being so small it wouldn't break. I think he's on about the spring guide, which with a incorrectly fitted spring, I could maybe see break if allowed to twist with a poor fitting spring. Tuning kits are only good if fitted right, most ram in a ox spring and expect it to kill a elephant but shoot like a pcp. The idea of actually shortening a brand new spring and polishing areas blows some people's minds. 

Ps I'm not having a go at the op, just I've installed a tinbum kit, and it's miles better than what my gun came with (which wasn't hard) 😂

hello, thanks for that, i meant the spring guide, i do understand on what rimfire mentioned, buying on spec can have problems, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Arron yeates said:

Stu hows the ultra FAC going

Very well thanks .22  it shoots falcons around 870 fps or 23 fpe .out to 75 yds .

And gives 30-35 shots with a longer scorpion airtube unregged. 

I really like it for decoying pigeons over stubbles as the ultra is so quick to get on aim as they land 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

Very well thanks .22  it shoots falcons around 870 fps or 23 fpe .out to 75 yds .

And gives 30-35 shots with a longer scorpion airtube unregged. 

I really like it for decoying pigeons over stubbles as the ultra is so quick to get on aim as they land 

 

I need to get mine out. Darrin serviced it not long ago as the huma reg blew a seal. All good now though. Going milton keynes in july with the guys to get some rabbits and pigeons. Got myself a new brocock bantam sniper Hr aswell thats a cracker out the box tbf. Was going to speak to Tom to see if he fancied doing a tune on a super 10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Arron yeates said:

Yeah it was the spring guides on the one i saw that were broken. Including mine. Ive worked on tx200 many times easy to work on. It was all new and worki g fine then started getting louder and then problems. Not sure what spring Sfs have put in but its ever so quiet now it doesnt sound like a springer. It was all polished and all work done on the laithe so its perfect for my rifle. I have never shot a tx200 thats so smooth. I also have the sfs Imp AKA Hw99s tuned in cs500 stock looks and shoots awsome. 

 

Stu hows the ultra FAC going

well don't be shy, post some pics, on the kitchen worktop, table or bed seems to be the norm😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Mice! said:

well don't be shy, post some pics, on the kitchen worktop, table or bed seems to be the norm😉

Lol of what?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol .

The bedroom is the usual place for "pictures " .

But i have seen the kitchen worktop and dining table being used as a backdrop on occasion  .

Very arty. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Arron yeates said:

Lol of what?

The CS500 on a nice bed spread sounds nice 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bipod and home made carbon reach forward mount. 

Hilite version with 480cc carbon bottle.

Huma regulator

Athlon argo btr forst focal plane scope.

A&M customs "custom" silencer

 

30m 5 shot group. H&n baracuda match 10.5 grain

20190510_143158.jpg

20180830_120715.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice 👍 fish tank in the background is a new one 😁 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Very nice 👍 fish tank in the background is a new one 😁 

Haha now you can say or with a fish tank in the background not just on the bed sheets or in the kitchen haha. Got 2 more rifles but id need to get them oymut for photos may do this later on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hello, today i went out and picked up/bought my self a nice 177 PCP, i was thinking to buy a new one when i sell the FX vermy MK 1 22 but this was i thought a reasonable deal, KRAL NP 02 in as new condition (3 months old)  with i think a Hogan silencer and  Bushnell scope, (i know there are copies) but it looks ok, paid £250, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...