Ford Ranger rear tub question

I was having a discussion with a local fisherman the other day re the above as he was going to replace his Disco 2,with a Ranger crew cab and added hard top over the rear tub. The problem being that the rear tub is too short for his fishing rods, I suggested a sliding glass panel between the rear second row seats ? So they could go straight in. The other suggestion was have a permanent Hard Top and remove the offending window. He raised the question do Ford have an all in one body like the Disco??

Any suggestions to overcome the problem, this will be his family car also hence the crew cab option.

Not sure removing the window permanently is a good idea as the hard tops are not so waterproof and the cab would be noisy. We had the new rangers in Africa last week and they had a sliding rear window which would work when needed. Interesting that they had moved to mostly 2 wd versions for the farm work as they are much better on juice. With a locking diff they worked pretty well but their mud is nothing compared to the mud we have here. 

1 hour ago, oowee said:

Not sure removing the window permanently is a good idea as the hard tops are not so waterproof and the cab would be noisy. We had the new rangers in Africa last week and they had a sliding rear window which would work when needed. Interesting that they had moved to mostly 2 wd versions for the farm work as they are much better on juice. With a locking diff they worked pretty well but their mud is nothing compared to the mud we have here. 

Thanks, interesting about the sliding window option.

On 16/05/2019 at 15:10, pigeon controller said:

I was having a discussion with a local fisherman the other day re the above as he was going to replace his Disco 2,with a Ranger crew cab and added hard top over the rear tub. The problem being that the rear tub is too short for his fishing rods, I suggested a sliding glass panel between the rear second row seats ? So they could go straight in. The other suggestion was have a permanent Hard Top and remove the offending window. He raised the question do Ford have an all in one body like the Disco??

Any suggestions to overcome the problem, this will be his family car also hence the crew cab option.

Two piece 12 footers will go in at an angle from front corner to the opporsite rear corner.