silverstone f1

vampire

Am going to Silverstone f1 on race day with a general admission,have been before years ago but only on a free practice day, but never to the actual race,so hope someone could help with some questions ?

1.where is best place to watch on a general admission ticket,is there anywhere that you can see large screen tv and cars for more than 3 seconds,which is all I saw in Italy ?

2.is it better to park off track and get park and ride in.

Any help or info would be much appreciated, as its first time for me and my daughter, so want to get the most out of what I hope will be a great day out

Whenever I have worked there parking has always been rammed but I think most of it is pre book? So if it was me I would look at park and ride if you havnt pre booked 

All I do know is food  and drink requires a small mortgage so I would be taking my own if you can still? 

Sorry I can’t be of anymore help as I never actually got to see any racing at all (aside from 1 start) 

I went last year, but had stand seating at Stowe and there was GA in front of it that gives a good view and also the pit lane. (https://www.google.com/maps/search/silverstone/@52.062592,-1.0193281,360a,35y,326.2h,44.89t/data=!3m1!1e3 center of the picture)

As regards to parking - I booked the Silverstone Schools parking last year. Admittedly it was f-in hot but the walk was a killer on the first full day (for the thursday we got parking at Dadford camp site as we decided to go for Thursday at the last minute). Walking back on the Friday, there was a place just the bridge on the A43 (on the left) and I asked if they had any parking left - they did :)  it was a lot closer. The guy even gave us a lift up to the car. If you follow this link you will see the homeside B&B and there is a field to the left of it alongside the A43. This is where the parking was. If I remember right it was £15. They also said they didn't mind rough camping there if you wanted - https://www.google.com/maps/search/silverstone/@52.0741524,-1.0188953,845a,35y,326.2h,44.73t/data=!3m1!1e3

We are going this year but are camping (last year I had points to cover hotels) at Woodlands so will be sorted for parking - and I have managed to pick up tickets for CLUB A.

Another option is that they are doing inner track tickets this year which takes you from the bridge all the way round to by the paddock entrance. They are available for race day as well, and there is a stand in that area that you can use on the ticket but I would imagine that the seating is limited and on a first come first served basis.

For me I could take it or leave it but my eldest lad is a massive F1 (and any) motorsport fan - he also does Esports racing on line. Last year at the fanzone F1 Esports event there he won us a paddock tour for fastest lap of the day - and in the final he was in the lead for most of the race but just got pipped at the end by a professional Esports driver - that was for VIP tickets for the rest of the Sunday - gutted wasn't in it 😞

However I have great hopes for him this year - do you want my number in case we have a couple of spare tickets for Club :) ??

Also @vampire I would have thought you would have been flying in by helicopter with full hospitality :D

Edited by discobob

No idea these days, it's donkeys years since I went, it cost me £95 for race day I remember (the most I had paid for any event at the time by a long way),  it seemed a fortune then but is cheap in comparison with today...….. and parking was a nightmare as well, even back then.

Very likely the last British Grand Prix (unless they can find a sponsor with VERY deep pockets).

Hope its a good day!

:good: