FX Dreamline

figgy

Anyone got a FX Dreamline ?

After seeing them on YouTube I quite fancy the skeleton stripped back one in .177 sub 12ftlb as there not too badly priced.

Read one post on a streamline topic about the group's shifting point and being refunded his money.

The new X twist barrel liners and easy changed bits , different stocks and all the aftermarket parts is a temptation.

Edited by figgy

Old man, 

I agree with you to a point the A200 is a decent rifle. I got rid of a A410 to get a Daystate

I already have a Daystate Classic Huntsman that is very good. But just like the new Dreamline hence why I was asking if people had tried them own one etc.

I like the modular aspect and being able to change things to suit my needs. Also the pellet on pellet accuracy of the new smooth twist X barrels that can also be swapped easily to a different twist or caliber.

I may handle one and think not for me.

Mini magnum I like the impact Mk2 but noth the price tag. Double the price of a Dreamline lite.

Won't be anymore accurate in .177 sub 12ftlb. 

If I was going FAC the impact is definitely the one to buy. Sub 12 the Dreamline should do all any of us need.

Interesting looking gun for sure. Having happily owned a Verminator for ages, I have to admit that if money were no object I might be tempted.

However, cash is tight, and to be fair I do not often use the Vermy but...  :)

I think it being modular and you can easily change its caliber power and style appeals to so many. At a fair price too. After all air guns are few bits of CNC machined metal not a Swiss watch. Not that you'd know by some of the prices.

Im personally not struck on the idea of changing cals .or even power of the gun really .

It seams on the surface like a good idea .but in reality it takes a long time to set up a gun correctly  and find the best ammo etc.to change something like the cal with all the parts that need swapping out then a total rezero and set up .

Its not worth it for me .compared to say just picking up another gun out of your cabinet in the cal u want thats already set up perfectly .

Even the easy adjusable  power idea on a side dial .would require a re zero every time .(had one didnt use it - sold it ) 

I guess if you lived in alaska and could only carry one gun and a spare cal change kit (lighter than a second gun ) and there was enough difference between the cals to warrant the swap for different quarry .then maybe .

But you would probably need a 30 cal and a .177 .to be justifiable

30 cal for larger game .like fox and raccoon .deer etc 

And the .177 for birds rats etc  where the .30 would be too much .

Most variable power guns have a side wheel of some sort .think airarms and fx .

This wheel adjusts the size of the transfer port restricting the airflow to the pellet. So a wider /bigger hole will let more air through  than a smaller hole .and make more energy .

Problem is that the hammer and valve doesnt change so the amount of released aor from the air tube is almost exactly the same irrespective of the transfer port size .so you use the same amount of air for a high power shot as you do a low power shot .

So plinking at lower power wont  realistically give u any more shots .they should be quieter and possibly (though i could easily argue against  the point ) safer too .

Im not a fan of low powered .22 pellets (ie from pistols ) they can ricochet easily as the dont have the velocity to deform the solid . pellet and they can bounce back at you .

11 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

Most variable power guns have a side wheel of some sort .think airarms and fx .

This wheel adjusts the size of the transfer port restricting the airflow to the pellet. So a wider /bigger hole will let more air through  than a smaller hole .and make more energy .

Problem is that the hammer and valve doesnt change so the amount of released aor from the air tube is almost exactly the same irrespective of the transfer port size .so you use the same amount of air for a high power shot as you do a low power shot .

So plinking at lower power wont  realistically give u any more shots .they should be quieter and possibly (though i could easily argue against  the point ) safer too .

Im not a fan of low powered .22 pellets (ie from pistols ) they can ricochet easily as the dont have the velocity to deform the solid . pellet and they can bounce back at you .

Good point were as the  pumper vary the volume an pressure in the chamber, funny you say that about the 22 in a pistol, I kind of get your meaning due to having similar moments!

1 hour ago, Ultrastu said:

It seams on the surface like a good idea .but in reality it takes a long time to set up a gun correctly  and find the best ammo etc.to change something like the cal with all the parts that need swapping out then a total rezero and set up .

Its not worth it for me .compared to say just picking up another gun out of your cabinet in the cal u want thats already set up perfectly .

Absolutely.  I totally agree.

• 4 months later...

Well, after waiting 5 months with no end in sight, and being told by the UK distributor ASI, maybe another 8-12 weeks who knows, in very much a who cares tone, I cancelled the order. 

So, sorry guys, I will not be reviewing the FX Dreamline Lite, or any other FX airgun come to that.  

I can only say it lived up to its name.  It was a dream as light as air.