At last, someone speaks sense on conservation!

kennett

Unfortunately common sense is overruled in many case these days by individual opinions and idealistic beliefs. 

And these are forced on the public, by over opinionated jumped up celebrities that are obviously in their world, holier than though.  And because of their celeb status and the gullible I'll informed joe public do gooders it grows and festers into what it has become in this century ROT! 

16 minutes ago, holloway said:

Its all just common sense isnt it ? good article.

Yes, many things are.

I was pleased to read and totally agree with the suggestion that we should be careful of inflicting the opinion and morals of affluent societies on those less fortunate societies and it’s people’s, and the situations they find themselves in.

Our so called ‘do gooders’ could benefit from reading the article, as it can also equally apply to the moral high ground the urban set applies to those of us who live rurally. 

Compassionate conservationists, animal protectionists, advocates of rewilding..........are all misnomers for real conservationists

16 minutes ago, oowee said:

Surely it's more BBC bias?

They probably didn't understand what they were reporting? :ermm:

But the big problem that no one wants to mention and which screws up all attempts to right the wrongs is our massive, expanding population - from 3.8bn to 7.6bn in 40 yrs. This gets mentioned from time to time but no one then expands on the fallout ie we don't just give birth and dig a hole and live in the wild we concrete over the countryside; we buy cars; we build millions of miles of roads; we need doctors, hospitals, planes and airports etc etc etc. We are hugely greedy and nature is displaced. Enjoy what little bit of nature you have because future generations may not have any!

19 hours ago, Scully said:

Yes, many things are.

I was pleased to read and totally agree with the suggestion that we should be careful of inflicting the opinion and morals of affluent societies on those less fortunate societies and it’s people’s, and the situations they find themselves in.

Our so called ‘do gooders’ could benefit from reading the article, as it can also equally apply to the moral high ground the urban set applies to those of us who live rurally. 

Being an old un I have come to see that "do gooders" can never stop trying to force others to comply with their view.

👍

12 hours ago, norfolk dumpling said:

But the big problem that no one wants to mention and which screws up all attempts to right the wrongs is our massive, expanding population - from 3.8bn to 7.6bn in 40 yrs. This gets mentioned from time to time but no one then expands on the fallout ie we don't just give birth and dig a hole and live in the wild we concrete over the countryside; we buy cars; we build millions of miles of roads; we need doctors, hospitals, planes and airports etc etc etc. We are hugely greedy and nature is displaced. Enjoy what little bit of nature you have because future generations may not have any!

And that sir is the reason for so called 'climate change'

The massive growth in population is attributed in the main to the poorest areas of the world, but nobody wants to be the one to tell them to rein it in a bit. Did you know the average human being expels 1kg of Co2 every day, that's 7.7m tonnes of Co2 going into the atmosphere EVERY DAY. You'd have to plant an awful lot of trees to offset that amount!!

There is an organisation dedicated to discussion and  solutions to the population problem. It's called 'Population Matters' and it's patron is none other than Sir David Attenborough, although you probably wouldn't have heard too much about it as it doesn't fit with the political climate agenda.   

Population explosion is the 'monkey (or elephant) in the room' and I despair when I hear of the latest rewilding proposition which will almost certainly create division and acrimony wherever it may hit us. 60 pairs of sea eagles on the Isle of Wight(? I was only half awake) was proposed by some guy on Countryfile with the hope these will expand to join with European eagles and populate the South of England and other European countries. So this will screw up sheep farming although is this all part of the move to ruduce meat consumption and make us all vegan? I worry for my grandchildren.