Can I shoot

Course you can!......... But you'd probably get done for it! :whistling:

Read the sections on PW reference the general licence.....then read the new general licence terms....then when you decide what you are applying to shoot, for what reason and where etc, etc........apply for a licence.......then get legal opinion or lie in a darkened room and see what you can make of it all......:no:

Or give BASC a ring and ask if they can advise you..............if your a member? 

10 minutes ago, Jacko3275 said:

Can you still shoot feral pigeons are they classed as vermin ... I usually do a couple of hours a monthafter work getting rid of them  from in the buildings

Not without a licence. Which you will probably have to apply for.

27 minutes ago, Jacko3275 said:

Can you still shoot feral pigeons are they classed as vermin ... I usually do a couple of hours a monthafter work getting rid of them  from in the buildings

Simple answer, no. 

Long answer, no, not unless you apply for an individual licence which will then allow you to, but they are dragging their heels issuing these. 

16 minutes ago, Jacko3275 said:

Bird poop In (in vast quantities) a working environment surely is a risk to public/ human heath or have I been shooting them illegally 

They could be legally shot up until a few weeks ago, apply for an individual licence if they are such a problem. 

20 minutes ago, Jacko3275 said:

Bird poop In (in vast quantities) a working environment surely is a risk to public/ human heath or have I been shooting them illegally 

you broke no laws if you are sure you were shooting them under the terms of the old general licence.  Natural England did issue a new general licence for wood pigeons, but not as far as i know for ferals. But the new general licence is not fit for purpose, and it is expected the government will be reporting back or even reissuing the old or other general licence over the next week.

What the outcome here is we need to wait and see, but at the moment shooting ferals is illegal on General licence. .

Edited by lancer425

Just now, Jacko3275 said:

Thought I WAS allowed but wasn’t sure if feral was like rabbit rat etc etc 

Ferals are birds, and as such are protected within the terms of the GL. Admittedly this doesn't exist anymore, but all that means is that unless specified by new licenses, no birds may be shot at all.

cheers 

2 minutes ago, Scully said:

Ferals are birds, and as such are protected within the terms of the GL. Admittedly this doesn't exist anymore, but all that means is that unless specified by new licenses, no birds may be shot at all.

6 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Some, I would suggest it is more like 60 or 70% from the people I have spoken to!:rolleyes:

It was a question I asked on introductory shoots for a club. Most had no idea and were told to brush up and come back again.