Eurovision song contest

figgy

The word on the street is the Eurovision song contest is going retro now..........

Next year in Holland they are going to Dig up Elton John and get him to sing "the candle gives me wind" to David Furnish...in the interval.......silly ole tart:lol:

8 hours ago, dead eye alan said:

You lot don't half make me laugh, I went to bed early as an excuse not to watch such drivel.  The wife watched the lot and complained that the scoring seemed a little one sided.

I got the best deal.

your wife is right the phone in scoring was seriously weird.................

We started watching it, but once the weirdos and luvvies started showing themselves and wailing in pain (or was that us?) we turned it over.  An entirely predictable, vile, euro-centric load of talentless bilious vacuousness dressed up as somehow cultural (?????????????) as I've ever encountered.  We were destined for "Nil points" from before the start.  Meaningless papp.

Edited by Savhmr

My wife was all for it, then at the end got a full rage on with the presenters waffling and the sheer amount of not a clue what the PC term is but not hetro sexual shall we say.

It was like a guess what sex I am now and what I was and now what I want to be. 

Also when did Australia Russia and the others become part of Europe.

The nil points for Germany in the telephone voting and our poor scores just goes to show how popular our countries are.

Don't care how many brownie points or promises she makes I'm not watching it again. A week in the dog house is a better option.

Old Madge was a bit poor vocally, bout time she packed it in and got some knitting patterns.

Edited by figgy

9 hours ago, Savhmr said:

We started watching it, but once the weirdos and luvvies started showing themselves and wailing in pain (or was that us?) we turned it over.  An entirely predictable, vile, euro-centric load of talentless bilious vacuousness dressed up as somehow cultural (?????????????) as I've ever encountered.  We were destined for "Nil points" from before the start.  Meaningless papp.

go for it ...dont hold back now..:lol:

just clarify what we are talking about ...

1. Brexit
  2. GL licence
  3. Labour party
  4. Conservertive party
  5. Lib-dems
Edited by ditchman

9 hours ago, Savhmr said:

I prefer to think of Eurotrash.

Edited by old man

Why oh why does the UK take part in this drivel every year. Don't know what it costs the UK or what (if any) benefits the UK gets from  it.

Could be wrong but is this the first year in a hardly ever that we got more than the historical null point Brit bashing exercise this has become. 

It is pointless TV.

Years ago when TV was in its very infancy they wanted to do a ground breaking Europe wide TV programme linking up a number of countries just to prove that it was possible technically. Very cutting edge stuff in its day

The trouble was they needed an excuse to do it so a song from each country seemed a good 5 minute participation event. It was only intended as a test broadcast

I don't think the technology needs testing anymore, so what purpose is now being served?   

On 21/05/2019 at 10:52, Vince Green said:

It is pointless TV.

Years ago when TV was in its very infancy they wanted to do a ground breaking Europe wide TV programme linking up a number of countries just to prove that it was possible technically. Very cutting edge stuff in its day

The trouble was they needed an excuse to do it so a song from each country seemed a good 5 minute participation event. It was only intended as a test broadcast

I don't think the technology needs testing anymore, so what purpose is now being served?   

I think is's all about ensuring  continuation of the 5 star jolly?