Shooting the first target twice or move to the second?

• 1 month later...
On 20/05/2019 at 07:39, grrclark said:

Disagree with this Hamster.  The technical rules state that the shooter is entitled to fire two shots at the first target of a regular (on report) pair with the score being recorded on the first target only.

Extract from latest rule book:

SCORING RE PAIRS
24.18 In simultaneous pairs the competitor has the right to shoot either of the targets first. Should the Competitor hit both targets together with either the first or second shot; the result will be scored
pair scored.
24.19 In any regular pair the competitor having missed the first target may fire their second cartridge at the same target, the result being scored on the first target, the second target being counted as lost unless the shot breaks both targets.

Compak sporting is the only sporting discipline where you must shoot one shot at both targets in a regular or Simo pair👌

46 minutes ago, bunnykiller said:

Compak sporting is the only sporting discipline where you must shoot one shot at both targets in a regular or Simo pair👌

👍🏻 I have to remind myself about that when shooting compak, although there isn’t much fitasc compak comps in the UK and none in my neck of the woods, which is a pity.

I would say for myself that if I missed the first clay any second shot at it is likely to be an out and out poke,  Ideally, your head/ coordination should already have switched focus to the second clay of the pair before you even become aware that the first shot was a miss. Waiting to see what happens is time lost.

Edited by Vince Green

• 5 weeks later...
On 29/06/2019 at 18:15, Vince Green said:

I would say for myself that if I missed the first clay any second shot at it is likely to be an out and out poke,  Ideally, your head/ coordination should already have switched focus to the second clay of the pair before you even become aware that the first shot was a miss. Waiting to see what happens is time lost.

My thoughts also, if you missed it once you were not pointing in the right place so yo will probably do the same thing again move on to the second clay and hit it.👍