Marble slab outside

if it is in good condition and no CRACKS.............it will be fine outside ..just spray it with bleach and clean it a couple of times a year...............

if it has a crack in it ...waterproof it to prevent the frost busting it open....

1 hour ago, Mighty Ruler said:

The other side has loads of cracks, more like canyons really but I think the ones on the top have been filled. I filled a few myself with a mixture of epoxy and marble dust but there’s still a few fine ones. What should I use to waterproof it?

wait until it is bone dry and hot day........then get a small tin of good qual yaght varnish...and cut it back by 50% and swish it on....do that a couple of times and it should be fine

Until I joined this Forum, I genuinely thought I was a bit of an expert on mechanical things. I have built more moto-crossers, kit cars, transplanted more engines than you can point a stick at, but I crashed down to earth with a bang.

The Forum is littered with people who have far more skill and an amazing breadth of knowledge. Whilst it has been an eye opener, it has also been a privilege.

20 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

Until I joined this Forum, I genuinely thought I was a bit of an expert on mechanical things. I have built more moto-crossers, kit cars, transplanted more engines than you can point a stick at, but I crashed down to earth with a bang.

The Forum is littered with people who have far more skill and an amazing breadth of knowledge. Whilst it has been an eye opener, it has also been a privilege.

I totally agree.

I've learnt so much on here and am in awe at some of the work that goes on,on here.

1 hour ago, Gordon R said:

the knife rebuild is a group effort ...not just one person.....D2 14s steel milled to personal spec for ditch ...supplied by tightchoke.....beautiful african hardwood supplied with other specimin woods by dead eye alan.......fettling and male cow excriment artist ...me...

amazing what happens when folk work together

BREXIT NEXT

52 minutes ago, adzyvilla said:

If anyone can sort out brexit ditchy, it'll be you. 

yup there i will be in number 10 downing street......smoking cigars with fat sarah on my lap taking dictation in the oral office.............:lol:

5 hours ago, ditchman said:

yup there i will be in number 10 downing street......smoking cigars with fat sarah on my lap taking dictation in the oral office.............:lol:

Your structural engineering skills will come in handy , when your building a chair with enough strength to withstand fat Sarahs shorthand 😆.

Any pictures as I may be able to help spent 28yrs working with marble and granite,

Seal with lithoin  (spelling) its a marble/granite stain guard 

some marbles are not that great in weather your really looking at granites for exterior, and some marbles if it has open veins on the reverse may not be strong so would not be best for a table.....Sorry.

2 hours ago, Konnie said:

Any pictures as I may be able to help spent 28yrs working with marble and granite,

Seal with lithoin  (spelling) its a marble/granite stain guard 

some marbles are not that great in weather your really looking at granites for exterior, and some marbles if it has open veins on the reverse may not be strong so would not be best for a table.....Sorry.

Yeah, I realise it’s not the best quality but it’s not costing me anything so I thought I’d give it a try. 

I was going to sit it on an exterior ply backing board to give it a bit more strength.

Cheers

On 21/05/2019 at 22:52, ditchman said:

yup there i will be in number 10 downing street......smoking cigars with fat sarah on my lap taking dictation in the oral office.............

Beware if you take her out pigeon shooting ,you may end up with a negligent discharge .

harnser