Name this please

Walker570

Yes,  I had to give you a bit of a lead in didn't I  ?   We planted one in our orchard this last October and it has produced 4 flowers.  I am now looking for a Mulberry as I have a couple of spaces and would like the orchard to hold some ancient fruits as well as more modern ones.  Medlar, apple family and has some unuusual uses...medlar cheese for instance.  You have to pick it , then let it rot before using....... still with me?

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

...........and would like the orchard to hold some ancient fruits as well as more modern ones.  Medlar, apple family and has some unuusual uses...medlar cheese for instance.  You have to pick it , then let it rot before using....... still with me?

Do you have any quince?

...and I believe it is called "bletting" when you let medlars mature.

This particular medlar is on a quince stock.  Yes, the offical term is bletting, but almost at the rot stage. They are related to apples and if you know when an apple is super ripe it is high in sugars and I believ that is the reason for letting medlars do the same.  A friend gave us some medlar cheese which was interesting to say the least but eatable certainly.

13 hours ago, clakk said:

Derriere de muttsbutt <dogsbum> ,they sure have an apt description

Like they do for dandelion (pissenlit) because eating it it makes you wet the bed (allegedly)!

Parents had a huge old mulberry in their garden years ago.

Also had lots and lots of purple fruit allover the ground. Birds loved it and left the purple deposits allover the house garden cars everywhere. Not a tree I'd have near houses.