best rifle

ripsaw

On 22/05/2019 at 01:12, figgy said:

Try as many as you can and find one you like. Learn to use it well on targets, learn your ranges and pellet drop. 

Then when you out on live quarry you will be a lot better and more humane shot by being able to carry out and place the shot where it needs to be.

hello, good post figgy

On 21/05/2019 at 21:00, ripsaw said:

ive been given so land I can shoot on!!!! whats the best air rifle to use as its full of rabbis and pigeons I want a rifle that will do the job but not costing mega money???

hello, what part of the UK are you ripsaw ?

On 22/05/2019 at 19:09, Walker570 said:

I have an AA S 200 in .22 and I have been very pleased with it's performance. In any air rifle shooting an ability to stalk and get up close an personal is important. I have folded many magpies out to 40yrds but that was from a purpose built hide with a good rest. To head shoot a rabbit at that range you need to practise.  The S200 will do the job if you can and they are available out there at reasonable money.

I also shoot primarily an s200, and there isn't enough money to part me from it...........however, I have several friends who don't like it, as they don't it too short in the stock. 

As I said earlier, horses for courses.

Well, I do love my AA TX200 .177 but it rarely sees daylight these days as the S200 which is neat and handy to shift about in a blind, still not light but not as heavy as the TX200. I am 6ft 1inch tall with arms closely related to swinging in trees and I certainly have no problems with the stock length in fact mine is the Mk 2 model with the two piece stock and the forend is squared off nicely so it sits on the shelves of my blinds pointing at the likely appearance spot of any varmint, so I do not have to move it far to bring the crosshairs to line up.

5 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Well, I do love my AA TX200 .177 but it rarely sees daylight these days as the S200 which is neat and handy to shift about in a blind, still not light but not as heavy as the TX200. I am 6ft 1inch tall with arms closely related to swinging in trees and I certainly have no problems with the stock length in fact mine is the Mk 2 model with the two piece stock and the forend is squared off nicely so it sits on the shelves of my blinds pointing at the likely appearance spot of any varmint, so I do not have to move it far to bring the crosshairs to line up.

Accuracy being everything?

On 21/05/2019 at 22:04, Ultrastu said:

To answer simply.

The best airgun for rabbit shooting is 

An fac .fx wildcat in .25cal shooting jsb kings and a hawke sindewinder  6-24 x56 with sr pro ret 

Bsa ultra is short but not heavy .

IMG_20190521_220804.jpg

No 

FX impact .25 mk2 700 mm barrel 34 gr pellets running @ 920 fps is the best airgun for rabbits 😎