Will she go or be pushed?

old'un

The conservative party is falling like a house of cards with more resignations and the latest polls putting them in last place in the European elections, and now talks of Mrs May possibly announcing tonight she is standing down, who would best fill her shoes?.....https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/theresa-may-resign-live-brexit-news-today-pm-quit-european-elections-a8925826.html

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever she does or doesn't do it's 2 years too late. Just when we needed a leader with some gumption we got a feeble ditherer who caved in to the EU when a real negotiator would have forced them to cave in to us.

Edited by Westward

There's no way she'll resign. i truly believe she's mental and doesn't realise how much she is despised. The only person who could have got rid of her is Graham Brady. I mean SIR Graham Brady who got his knighthood care of TM. 

58 minutes ago, pinfireman said:

Who cares, so long a she is gone! Her successor must know that he or she has to come to heel......or face the same fate!

Who will they come to heel for? No solution to the withdrawal has enough support to get through parliament, Westminster is too divided to agree on anything and the electorate is barely in a better position.

Sooner or later it will have to come down to a general election, labour and the Lib Dem’s will run offering a second referendum, UKIP/brexit will split the conservative vote and I fear we will end up with a labour/libdem coalition with comrade Corbyn calling the shots. 

I think our best hope is for May to hang on as long as possible and get us out in any form possible. 

The whole bunch want pushing off Dover cliffs. Thats all party's. !!! Supposed to be running the country, instead of poncing about like a bunch of misbehaving children. 

Mind you the French would end up pushing them back up the cliff !!! 

Edited by Dougy

9 minutes ago, Dougy said:

The whole bunch want pushing off Dover cliffs. Thats all party's. !!! Supposed to be running the country, instead of poncing about like a bunch of misbehaving children. 

I think the last time the onion sellers got properly fed up they got mme guillotine out . 

well im surprised....i thought she would have gone this evening...as so to crisis control the polling tomorrow...............

on the by now..........i see jon major has shut his row now............putting together his excuses for the contaminated blood inquiry which was part of his watch no doubt

1 hour ago, Wb123 said:

Who will they come to heel for? No solution to the withdrawal has enough support to get through parliament, Westminster is too divided to agree on anything and the electorate is barely in a better position.

Sooner or later it will have to come down to a general election, labour and the Lib Dem’s will run offering a second referendum, UKIP/brexit will split the conservative vote and I fear we will end up with a labour/libdem coalition with comrade Corbyn calling the shots. 

I think our best hope is for May to hang on as long as possible and get us out in any form possible. 

The worrying thing is you could be right.

Comrade Corbyn has just sat back and watched while the cons fall apart, why would labour even consider helping May 🤪😬😱 

1 hour ago, Dougy said:

you mention the french and manual work in the same sentence.

wash your mouth out with a loofa and carbolic soap.

1 hour ago, Gordon R said:

I think she will be gone rather rapidly. I expect Boris to take over. He is an amiable buffoon, who I have little time for, but in the kingdom of Corbyn, McDonnell and Abbott, he is a king.

do you mean................."in the land of the blind ...the one eyed man is king"...?

God help us all ,just before he disbands them the Royal navy will be sent to bring the Sangatte camp back to Dover so the poor unfortunates dont get wet and hand out their vote Liebour polling cards.The army will be closed down as Corbyn doesnt like people with weapons in case the do a "vive la France" and stick him in the Tower for treason ,still feeding info to the Chech security services Jezza?

And with Mcdonnell as chancellor the overseas aid budget will triple as Hezbollah and the PLO need help to pay their grocery bills .

Mind with Dianne Abottt as Home sec just think of the fun when she release,s all the prisoner, cos they had a bad upbringing and are just misunderstood naughty children not career crims or drug dealer,s :drool:

We have the Peterborough By-election in  a few days as well and that could be the clincher.  It has always been a 'floating' constituency, one minute Lab next Tory, a Brexit candidate could really throw the cat amongst the pigeons.    They will have to literally kick May out, she will not go of her own accord that is so obvious.

Edited by Walker570

9 hours ago, Gordon R said:

I think she will be gone rather rapidly. I expect Boris to take over. He is an amiable buffoon, who I have little time for, but in the kingdom of Corbyn, McDonnell and Abbott, he is a king.

"In the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king!"

Erasmus

Mrs May’s promise of a Commons vote on a second Brexit referendum (peoples vote) was perhaps the final nail in her coffin after she always said a second referendum was not on the cards and would be a betrayal of the people who voted for Brexit, I don’t think she will be getting up for work on Monday morning.

Its possible we may end up with Boris as leader of the conservative party, will he be a lame duck or a white swan? I have never seen him in a debate where he does not come across as a bit of a likable bumbling buffoon, is he the right person for the position of PM? I guess as Gordon R said, the alternative of Corbyn, McDonnell and Abbott is unthinkable.

Edited by old'un

do you mean................."in the land of the blind ...the one eyed man is king"...?

"In the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king!"

Erasmus

Correct. If young people are stupid enough to vote for an old communist and his truly thick ex, then Boris is a shoe-in.