Will she go or be pushed?

old'un

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The second Prime Minister brought down by Nigel Farage.  No wonder the political elites hate him.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Conservatives have inside info about the EU election results, and with the drubbing they received at the local elections it was only a matter of time before she was kicked out the door. Quite possibly the worst PM this country has ever had (and that's saying something).

Her tears at the end of her speech reminded me of a child... who'd just been caught out lying. 

She was rubbish as Home Secretary - ask any serving police officer.

She is rubbish as Prime Minister - her decisions on calling a general election and on Brexit  were appalling.

The country is well rid.

51 minutes ago, poontang said:

The second Prime Minister brought down by Nigel Farage.  No wonder the political elites hate him.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Conservatives have inside info about the EU election results, and with the drubbing they received at the local elections it was only a matter of time before she was kicked out the door. Quite possibly the worst PM this country has ever had (and that's saying something).

Her tears at the end of her speech reminded me of a child... who'd just been caught out lying. 

Hardly the case is it? She was brought down by trying to deliver an almost impossible task.

31 minutes ago, amateur said:

She was rubbish as Home Secretary - ask any serving police officer.

She is rubbish as Prime Minister - her decisions on calling a general election and on Brexit  were appalling.

The country is well rid.

The decision to go for a GE was the right one made by the party when they were 20pts ahead. 

The mistake was the way that she ran the campaign. 

10 minutes ago, oowee said:

Hardly the case is it? She was brought down by trying to deliver an almost impossible task.

The decision to go for a GE was the right one made by the party when they were 20pts ahead. 

Exactly right. She ran the campaign with the same lacklustre manner that Cameron did the referendum. Just a casual indifference to the electorate. 

Another poster said it was actually impossible, but neither is accurate. Legal advice is that any incoming leader can merely walk away from the EU, without any vote by Parliament. Of the four leading contenders to replace May, a few have said they would do exactly that.

I actually feel sorry for Theresa May - promoted beyond her ability, but did her best. She lacked support from her own party, got nothing but stirring from the opposition and ended up a broken woman. I take no pleasure in that, although it is the right decision for her to go.

54 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

Another poster said it was actually impossible, but neither is accurate. Legal advice is that any incoming leader can merely walk away from the EU, without any vote by Parliament. Of the four leading contenders to replace May, a few have said they would do exactly that.

I actually feel sorry for Theresa May - promoted beyond her ability, but did her best. She lacked support from her own party, got nothing but stirring from the opposition and ended up a broken woman. I take no pleasure in that, although it is the right decision for her to go.

👍 Right decision to go and as you say the job was beyond her. Looking back over the last three years it's a job that few would have put up with. I can't fault her resolve to stick to the task and what a feeling to go after three years of trying and not securing a deal. 

1 hour ago, oowee said:

If you read the background of Mrs May it is obvious she has no ideas of her own and grabs at any suggested by others. The Civil Service therefor could not believe their luck, being all devout EU lovers, they just bent her to their will.  The next Prime Minister MUST clean out the swamp which is the Civil Service.

She didn't have a clue. Never run a company, done a proper job. This country has hundreds of business bosses who could have sorted this in minutes.  "Don't want to talk sense? Well, here is my card, give me a call if you change your mind".  That could have been done 3 years ago AND saved a lot of our money being wasted.

Edited by Walker570

I have little sympathy for her predicament nor respect for her as a politician to be quite frank. She is a staunch remainer and as such didn't want to leave, and has reneged on almost every statement she made, including latterly that of a second referendum. 

If she had dealt with the EU as a business person who wanted to leave, instead of a politician who didn't, I dare say we may well have been out by now, and getting on with our lives. 

I wrote in my email to her some time ago my reasons for voting to leave, and that I seriously didn't believe she had any intention of leaving the EU without some package which would keep us closely tied to it, and that in doing so she was undermining the democratic process. I never received a reply of course, but everything I believed the EU to be, has been proved correct, and it would appear it also applies to our home grown politicians too.

What a legacy she has left herself in the history books. 

Edited by Scully

22 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

If you read the background of Mrs May it is obvious she has no ideas of her own and grabs at any suggested by others. The Civil Service therefor could not believe their luck, being all devout EU lovers, they just bent her to their will.  The next Prime Minister MUST clean out the swamp which is the Civil Service.

She didn't have a clue. Never run a company, done a proper job. This country has hundreds of business bosses who could have sorted this in minutes.  "Don't want to talk sense? Well, here is my card, give me a call if you change your mind".  That could have been done 3 years ago AND saved a lot of our money being wasted.

as some govt' wag said a few years ago..." when you are pulling the strings and can no longer hear the bells......its time to go...."

59 minutes ago, Mighty Ruler said:

She saw her own leave MPs as the enemy, not the EU.

bloody woman......good riddance..........in her speech she said " she loved her country".................THEN WHY FOR 3 YEARS HAVE YOU BEEN GIVING IT AWAY TO THE E.BLOODY U....

and as for that petulant little sob at the end...............dont make me sick..

This country has hundreds of business bosses who could have sorted this in minutes.  "Don't want to talk sense? Well, here is my card, give me a call if you change your mind".  That could have been done 3 years ago AND saved a lot of our money being wasted.

I agree. The UK has been humiliated by non-elected EU negotiators, who laughed behind Theresa May's back. The next PM should do tell them we are leaving with no deal, unless they dump the idiots who ridiculed the UK and agree to what we want. I wonder what has happened to Ollie Robbins, the smug Brexit Advisor. I trust he will be back to filing paper clips.

On 22/05/2019 at 20:47, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, well not Boris for a start unless he pays back the 3 million wasted on the garden bridge that was never built, so who are the contenders ?

hello, well TM has finally done it !!!!!!! June 7th ???  I JUST HOPE THE ABOVE MAN WILL NOT BE OUR NEXT PRIME MINISTER, 5/1 is on GOVE, any bets ladies and gentleman ?? 

48 minutes ago, ditchman said:

bloody woman......good riddance..........in her speech she said " she loved her country".................THEN WHY FOR 3 YEARS HAVE YOU BEEN GIVING IT AWAY TO THE E.BLOODY U....

and as for that petulant little sob at the end...............dont make me sick..

hello, good post Simon

It's a shame that as a parting gift she did not give British steel a hand. It was a drop in the ocean what they asked for when compared to the foriegn aid that is thrown out each year to undeserving countries to squander. Charity begins at home. 

Edited by bostonmick

Other countries steel industries are backed and bailed out by their respective governments. Our sodding government only show and backbone in saying no to industries within its own borders. Anything in Europe or text of the world they scatter the cash.

Get your own house in order first and foremost before even thinking of other countries.