Will she go or be pushed?

old'un

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, bostonmick said:

It's a shame that as a parting gift she did not give British steel a hand. It was a drop in the ocean what they asked for when compared to the foriegn aid that is thrown out each year to undeserving countries to squander. Charity begins at home. 

She couldn't, not without the EU's permission.

5 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

She couldn't, not without the EU's permission.

Well as we are leaving it would have been an ideal way to snub the EU. And it was a loan not a subsidy. Thousands more on benefits because the EU would not like it. Its time this country of ours grew the pair back that the EU took away. 

4 hours ago, Scully said:

I have little sympathy for her predicament nor respect for her as a politician to be quite frank. She is a staunch remainer and as such didn't want to leave, and has reneged on almost every statement she made, including latterly that of a second referendum. 

If she had dealt with the EU as a business person who wanted to leave, instead of a politician who didn't, I dare say we may well have been out by now, and getting on with our lives. 

I wrote in my email to her some time ago my reasons for voting to leave, and that I seriously didn't believe she had any intention of leaving the EU without some package which would keep us closely tied to it, and that in doing so she was undermining the democratic process. I never received a reply of course, but everything I believed the EU to be, has been proved correct, and it would appear it also applies to our home grown politicians too.

What a legacy she has left herself in the history books. 

Whilst I take no pleasure in seeing the emotional cost to Mrs May, I still agree with you there Scully.

She was unfit to be Home Secretary and royally screwed that up by failing to deliver her promises on immigration control (more accurately, the failure was in not understanding the role she had nor how to deliver, so it was foolish making any promises) and by the way she attempted to manipulate the police (and for bending over and seeing through much maligned cuts in public spending for the police...a dreadful error of judgement but one whose roots lay at the door of that slimy little toad Osborne and his pudding face public school pal, Cameron).

She never had any intention of leaving and the signs were clear from the day she hit office with her battle-cry of "Brexit means Brexit" and "no deal is better than a bad deal".  She never meant a word of it.  Her lack of sincerity, lack of leadership and more importantly, lack of business acumen and inability to hold her own in an intelligent debate or negotiation combined with her sheer arrogance resulted in the inevitable.  The drubbing was duly dished out by those ***** Juncker, Barnier , that truly, utterly contemptible Verhofstadt  and not forgetting Tusk. 

They and their teams treated the UK like pariah from day 1 and knew that the leadership were weak and incompetent. Somehow I could never have seen this happening under Thatcher, love her or hate her! 

David "pudding face" Cameron's legacy was "gay marriage" (!) and May's legacy (if you can call it that) was losing the party majority, losing public confidence, losing the battle with the EU and well....just losing.  It has cost us dear in terms of world standing and the UK economy.  It will take a decade or more to recover from this mess, and none of the other main parties have any right to gloat.  Not at all.  They're all equally culpable by failing in true opposition or integrity themselves.  The current Tories are New Labour.  New Labour are the Marxist Party and The Brexit party are what UKIP should have been (ie the new true Blue Tories) and would have been had they not recruited so many dunderheads and extremists into their ranks.

The conservatives are dead.  Long live the new Conservatives, the Brexit Party...

Edited by Savhmr
"mock" disguised swear word removed to avoid affecting the sensibility of readers and mods

7 hours ago, walshie said:

Good riddance. She wasted 3 years of our lives trying to stay in the EU but telling us otherwise. Hopefully the next PM will have a spine and either get the UK to leave without a deal as he/she wouldn't need parliamentary approval to do so, or just let the Halloween deadline tick by without begging for more time. 

Yep,she has done nothing more than do us over,turned a straightforward mandate into a fudged ,botched,almighty mess ! Good riddance to the worst PM to date in my lifetime.

12 minutes ago, gotgcoalman said:

The description on the news was about her tearful resignation.

She was only tearful because she didn't have time to take all the light bulbs out of #10 before standing down.

Don’t be silly she didn’t have the time to fill out the 3 forms in duplicate required for some third party to remove the lightbulbs at £125 each. In the words of the late kenny Everett ‘ round em up, put em in a field ,  and bomb the ******** ‘

52 minutes ago, Savhmr said:

has cost us dear in terms of world standing and the UK economy.  It will take a decade or more to recover from this mess, and none of the other main parties have any right to gloat.  Not at all.  They're all equally culpable by failing in true opposition or integrity themselves.  The current Tories are New Labour.  New

I agree were in a mess but is the economy in a mess? Compared with how labour left things things look good, un employment is down.

If we weren't spending stupid money on HS2 brexit and foreign aid things would look great.

37 minutes ago, gotgcoalman said:

The description on the news was about her tearful resignation.

She was only tearful because she didn't have time to take all the light bulbs out of #10 before standing down.

I hope she leaves that bloody useless cat!

Edited by das

Indeed.  Few will have sympathy for those tears, especially survivors of Grendfell and relatives of the victims.  To stress the importance of compromise even up to  the last minute in office says it all.  It is precisely too much compromise that got her painted into the corner she found herself in, both in Parliament and with the EU. 

Just now, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Not words you normally see in the same sentence!

everytime i see or think of redwood i see a side veiw of him trying to sing the welsh national anthem...when he was welsh minister.........................

everytime i see william haigh i see a snot nosed 15year old gobbing off at the conververtive confereance

everytime i see cloe smith i see paxman ripping her apart verbally

i could go on and on..................

3 minutes ago, Savhmr said:

Now now chaps...this isn't PM's Question time!....oh, I sounded a bit like the 'speaker of the house just then....is this contagious? :cry1::ninja:

Are you a short house with an inferiority complex too?

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE
Question Mark.

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

You often do!

I wonder what they think of you?

the dont think of me or the British electorate at all..............they dont really know i / we exist..............i am a number....they would find it far easier if there was a Epos code on my forehead...then leave it to facial reconigtion cameras and robots to collect my taxes............ 

i demand and fight for my individuality....

they will not control me

"all hail; King Nigel the 1st"................