Will she go or be pushed?

old'un

everytime i see william haigh i see a snot nosed 15year old gobbing off at the conververtive confereance

ditchman - I shared the same view of Haigh, until I met him some years ago. Good sense of humour and not afraid to stand his corner. The only person I know who could detect a salmon sandwich, amongst many other sandwiches on a buffet, with his back to the buffet. He said that having been to so many - he had memorised where the best sandwiches were. :)

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

So glad the trollup got gone, suspect she knows what a drubbing the MEP vote was. Lets hope the new PM dumps the speaker as one of their first tasks.

Can they do that?? If so she should have done it a while ago

1 hour ago, Gordon R said:

ditchman - I shared the same view of Haigh, until I met him some years ago. Good sense of humour and not afraid to stand his corner. The only person I know who could detect a salmon sandwich, amongst many other sandwiches on a buffet, with his back to the buffet. He said that having been to so many - he had memorised where the best sandwiches were. :)

Fancy that, name dropping, after trying to call out others for apparently doing the same...

Anyway, I always rated Hague and was pleased to see we are alumni of the same college.

10 hours ago, oowee said:

Hardly the case is it? She was brought down by trying to deliver an almost impossible task.

She made it an impossible task, well her and her pathetic civil servants.

If you don't believe that the meteoric rise of the Brexit Party hasn't put the fear of God up the Tories and administered the final nail in her coffin then the EU election results could be an eye opener for you. 

4 minutes ago, poontang said:

She made it an impossible task, well her and her pathetic civil servants.

If you don't believe that the meteoric rise of the Brexit Party hasn't put the fear of God up the Tories and administered the final nail in her coffin then the EU election results could be an eye opener for you. 

Sunday evening and the results will be extremely interesting!

Fancy that, name dropping, after trying to call out others for apparently doing the same...

Hardly name dropping. I wasn't trying to drop in a name with the aim of claiming some special insight. I am ever the optimist - one day you might grow up.

9 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

Hardly name dropping. I wasn't trying to drop in a name with the aim of claiming some special insight. I am ever the optimist - one day you might grow up.

2 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Can't profess to sharing the same optimism of you ever ceasing to be a hypocrite.

Crazy idea just ignore each other?? 

sooooooooooooooo...............

so its all change now.................really after listening to the verbage from et al at the ole E.U..................its going to be "same **** ...different day"..............what it will all boil down to is the votes in Da house....(and that will be "big **** in little China)..........again.........if the house can approve a modified exit deal that is acceptable to the EU.......and the house approves it...then we are out..............aahhh i think i have seen this before ...deja - vous perchance ?

no deal is enevertable..............but jesus............its going to take a long painful way of getting there..........

i think one day in the not to distant future  we will wake up and walk out side ....look up to the sky and read the heavenly writing...."DUE TO LACK OF INTEREST..TODAY HAS BEEN CANCELLED"

37 minutes ago, ditchman said:

sooooooooooooooo...............

so its all change now.................really after listening to the verbage from et al at the ole E.U..................its going to be "same **** ...different day"..............what it will all boil down to is the votes in Da house....(and that will be "big **** in little China)..........again.........if the house can approve a modified exit deal that is acceptable to the EU.......and the house approves it...then we are out..............aahhh i think i have seen this before ...deja - vous perchance ?

no deal is enevertable..............but jesus............its going to take a long painful way of getting there..........

i think one day in the not to distant future  we will wake up and walk out side ....look up to the sky and read the heavenly writing...."DUE TO LACK OF INTEREST..TODAY HAS BEEN CANCELLED"

Blimey, Ditchman the plilosopher!

No wine left?

7 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

Anyway, I always rated Hague and was pleased to see we are alumni of the same college.

Mm, started well for a political career, reportedly 'convicted of electoral malpractice' while there? What an nice chap.......🙄

7 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Sunday evening and the results will be extremely interesting!

Ample time to tinker with the figures, maybe?

7 hours ago, Zapp said:

The squabbling between you two is boring enough on the brexit thread.  Take it back there, or to PMs, or we will engineer a solution.

Obviously not alumni from the same hood?😀

15 hours ago, bostonmick said:

It's a shame that as a parting gift she did not give British steel a hand. It was a drop in the ocean what they asked for when compared to the foriegn aid that is thrown out each year to undeserving countries to squander. Charity begins at home. 

She could not because the EU still pull the strings and prevent such assistance.  Another very good reason to get out ASAP

I have in the past seen Rory Stewart on TV or radio and he comes over very well, this morning he was on the beeb and gave a good interview when the presenter poked him with a stick and even made a totally poker faced joke.

He is unlikely to be PM and I am sad about that as he seems to buck the trend of many selfish MP's.

26 minutes ago, henry d said:

I have in the past seen Rory Stewart on TV or radio and he comes over very well, this morning he was on the beeb and gave a good interview when the presenter poked him with a stick and even made a totally poker faced joke.

He is unlikely to be PM and I am sad about that as he seems to buck the trend of many selfish MP's.

and refused to answer the question 3 times..........waster

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

She could not because the EU still pull the strings and prevent such assistance.  Another very good reason to get out ASAP

And what could they do throw us out with no deal. Oh dear wouldn't that be tragic. We are allowed to give financial assistance and incentives for foriegn companies to set up shop here. And lend banks billions and they are businesses. So a 30 mil loan would be well within limits. 

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

The EU string pullers have made us stand by and watch our core industries die ,as they have tried to reduce us to colony status. Steel,fishing ,shipbuilding...all but gone.

As you say ,we must get out ASAP.

We must have got out as agreed but messr,s Corbyn ,Cable and wee krankie won let us .I wish the world would wake up Corbyn cannot allow brexit as it goes against  his support base .Any one remember the scandal over the illegal immigrant amnesty when the leaked memo showed they did it to change the voting map as they knew they would vote liebour as they knew which side their bread was buttered.

Krankie cant allow it as it,s a basic SNP need to kick westminster in the tooties so her supporters think she,s true to their english hating narrow mindedness .They carefully forget Scotland joined the union when it bankrupted it,s self with a failed colony project in South America .North sea oil  revenue saving Scotland didnt happen .

Cable loves the E.U as does his old mate Clegg ,<Cameron,s poodle,.>And remember if the protest vote get,s in these clowns want to put your taxes up to pay for various schemes and a new vote on brexit but only if the brexit vote is overturned .Weve been royally turned over by the elite in the Westminster ,in their smoking allowed ,subsidised mealed ,expense account paying Bubble