Will she go or be pushed?

old'un

12 hours ago, poontang said:

She made it an impossible task, well her and her pathetic civil servants.

If you don't believe that the meteoric rise of the Brexit Party hasn't put the fear of God up the Tories and administered the final nail in her coffin then the EU election results could be an eye opener for you. 

Don't doubt for a minute that Farage worries the tories just would not put him in a position of bringing down the PM. 

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, oowee said:

Don't doubt for a minute that Farage worries the tories just would not put him in a position of bringing down the PM. 

I'd say thats exactly what he did - given the timing of her resignation announcement.

45 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, it will most certain need a Prime Minister who will stand up against the E U negotiators and i cannot see anyone in the line up of Conservative MPs who have stated will be running for PM do just that, it is going to be an interesting Summer in British politics.   

The PM doesn't have to, they just need to appoint negotiators that will.

Edited by Newbie to this

20 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

I disagree, that's what went wrong last time. The next PM has to go in there, in person, thump the table and leave the EU in no doubt they mean business.

Weak negotiating skills, and weak negotiators are what brought us to the mess we find ourselves in now.

5 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

I disagree, that's what went wrong last time. The next PM has to go in there, in person, thump the table and leave the EU in no doubt they mean business.

Weak negotiating skills, and weak negotiators are what brought us to the mess we find ourselves in now.

I disagree, lack of strategy, plan and fragmented backing was the problem. It will be the same problem again unless there is agreement over the plan. No amount of thumping is required just a plan with some evidenced resolve

4 hours ago, ditchman said:

and refused to answer the question 3 times..........waster

No he told her he was a negotiator and was not going to be drawn into a definite statement of what he was going to do, which is what a negotiator does, which is what May didn't do.

We'll see the resolve of the EU when a no deal Brexit is back on the agenda, and the next PM and his/her cabinet mean it!......they have had it easy so far believing the UK will accept anything they say..........because Westminster have told them the UK will not leave without a deal!

They have rubbed our noses in it.....time for a bit of payback!

1 hour ago, panoma1 said:

We'll see the resolve of the EU when a no deal Brexit is back on the agenda, and the next PM and his/her cabinet mean it!......they have had it easy so far believing the UK will accept anything they say..........because Westminster have told them the UK will not leave without a deal!

They have rubbed our noses in it.....time for a bit of payback!

They don't have the numbers for no deal. 

32 minutes ago, oowee said:

They don't have the numbers for no deal. 

I may have misheard but I understand it will be more difficult for Parliament to stop the UK leaving with no deal this time......and if parliament won't support any new Brexit deal (if they can negotiate one?) and the new PM refuses to ask the EU for an extension.....what happens then? On exit day, October 31.

2 minutes ago, GingerCat said:

How can you negotiate anything when you've said you won't allow no deal. Imagine but g a car and the salesperson  that no matter what your gonna buy one and you won't leave without it, watch the price go up as you talk. 

I think that we 'won't leave without a deal' position is fast disappearing down the toilet?........ As it should!

3 hours ago, Vince Green said:

Send Farage as the uks negotiater, they'd know he wasn't messing about. 

I'd love to watch that, the EU would be forced to give us a free trade deal or watch its prized golden egg laying goose Swan off to America and else where. 

2 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Send Farage as the uks negotiater, they'd know he wasn't messing about. 

I'd love to watch that, the EU would be forced to give us a free trade deal or watch its prized golden egg laying goose Swan off to America and else where. 

i cant bear that Belgium delegate..............anyone with a name you cant spell is bad news

4 hours ago, oowee said:

If that was the case she would wait till Sunday and use it as an excuse.

Hmm - I'm thinking she already got the result that us plebs have to wait for, so it doesnt look to the electorate like she baled out after sundays official result.

I'd respectfully suggest anyone who thinks our PM didn't know at least the rough numbers within hours is being a bit naive at least.

9 hours ago, Walker570 said:

She could not because the EU still pull the strings and prevent such assistance.  Another very good reason to get out ASAP

All part of the total subjugation scenario, removing all satellite competition at a stroke?

Nicely topped up with another £39 billion?

4 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

From my observation, that's impossible, we don't appear to have any? They all like their cozy little 5 star lives far too much to rock the boat?

4 hours ago, oowee said:

I disagree, lack of strategy, plan and fragmented backing was the problem. It will be the same problem again unless there is agreement over the plan. No amount of thumping is required just a plan with some evidenced resolve

That went with Maggie surely?