European election voting

Harry136

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The latter.  We've never used pens to vote in this country.  This was a bit of a hoo-ha about this 2+ years ago at the EU referendum as there was concern that even if we voted to leave the establishment would never allow it to happen...cough cough.  Anyway, there was at the time a well produced video on Youtube explaining why pencils are used over pens, dammed if I can find it now however.

Of more concern is the nice lady at the polling station informing me that they've seen hardly a soul all day.  Hopefully will improve now people are finishing work.

Edited by udderlyoffroad

12 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

The latter.  We've never used pens to vote in this country.  This was a bit of a hoo-ha about this 2+ years ago at the EU referendum as there was concern that even if we voted to leave the establishment would never allow it to happen...cough cough.  Anyway, there was at the time a well produced video on Youtube explaining why pencils are used over pens, dammed if I can find it now however.

Of more concern is the nice lady at the polling station informing me that they've seen hardly a soul all day.  Hopefully will improve now people are finishing work.

been steady since 7 oclock here...i went up at 11.....and was surprised to see the number of names crossed off on the booking in paper...:good:

shame we have to wait until sunday...........and no exit polls either.........

I think he's a pillock, and i feel he ran off after doing his bit last time round, but ive voted for him again. If there's 1 guy who upsets the apple cart in Europe it's farage. 

Its a shame really, as there is a lunatic in town, always standing around with signs like 'farmers are murderes' 'hunting should be banned' 'meat is murder' ect ect but shes now holding up a sign today 'vote brexit party'. That's that ****ed around here then, I'm probably the only one who voted for them 😂

22 minutes ago, gamekeeper1960 said:

Come on norfolk dumpling, team tractor country needs you ....think we should have a law like Australia that means you you have to vote or be finded if you don't. .no point in apathy. ..this **** needs sorting out once and for all so we can move on IMO...

Well said.

Markm I agree with you democracy is being ignored. Something needs to be done.

I voted to leave  and see it no different to voting for a opposition party them getting the majority and the sitting government saying no we won't go you don't know what your were voting for,  then not giving the winning party there term. That's just not how it's done. 

One good thing to come of it all, they have all shown their true colours.

3 hours ago, strimmer_13 said:

I think he's a pillock, and i feel he ran off after doing his bit last time round, but ive voted for him again. If there's 1 guy who upsets the apple cart in Europe it's farage.  

I wouldn't say he is a pillock and he achieved what he set out to do which was bring about a vote on and to leave the EU. He would not have been involved in direct negotiations on the terms of withdrawal. As for Cameron who stated make no mistake if you vote leave we will leave then jumped ship to sulk as he never got his way. To be replaced by a remainer who has spent almost three years trying to push through a deal that means we will not leave only in name.as for all the others each and everyone of them are grinding their own personal axes at our expense. If the ordinary person acted the way this lot are in work they would soon find themselves unemployable. 

I have noticed this in a number of elections, when you go up to the desk and give your name the lady calls out your voter number ABC123 to the other official and he/she writes your number onto the list of ballot papers next to the number on the ballot paper that he/she hands to you. Every ballot paper is numbered.

So, no way is it a secret ballot, "they" know how everybody has voted.

Are we nieve  enough to believe that information doesn't get processed? If I voted BNP would that affect my ability to get a job as a magistrate for example? Or a copper? or a social worker?

Now what ever you think of the BNP (for example) they are a legal and legitimate political party but I know that they have complained in the past that their supporters have repeatedly been turned down for public sector jobs they should have been easily qualified to get.

Just for the record, I am not a supporter of the BNP, I have never voted BNP  and I never will but I am interested to know how my local council appears to be staffed almost entirely by people who give every indication of holding strong left of centre views and do everything to thwart the policies of their conservative led council. 

Is that just coincidence or is it something more sinister?

8 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

I have noticed this in a number of elections, when you go up to the desk and give your name the lady calls out your voter number ABC123 to the other official and he/she writes your number onto the list of ballot papers next to the number on the ballot paper that he/she hands to you. Every ballot paper is numbered.

So, no way is it a secret ballot, "they" know how everybody has voted.

Are we nieve  enough to believe that information doesn't get processed? If I voted BNP would that affect my ability to get a job as a magistrate for example? Or a copper? or a social worker?

Now what ever you think of the BNP (for example) they are a legal and legitimate political party but I know that they have complained in the past that their supporters have repeatedly been turned down for public sector jobs they should have been easily qualified to get.

Just for the record, I am not a supporter of the BNP, I have never voted BNP  and I never will but I am interested to know how my local council appears to be staffed almost entirely by people who give every indication of holding strong left of centre views and do everything to thwart the policies of their conservative led council. 

Is that just coincidence or is it something more sinister?

i asked that question on the ref' vote.............the "officer" said ..."ooohh we dont do that....the papers are burnt as soon as they are counted)............

but they are as you say 100% tracerble...............

1 hour ago, markm said:

I class myself as British, European. 

I voted remain. 

I’m annoyed with leaving Europe. 

I’ve just voted Brexit Party.

Because -   

I cannot disagree with democracy.....

Respect to you.........:good:

3 hours ago, Scully said:

I’m a firm believer in freedom of choice, so no compulsory voting for me. I get annoyed when the ‘electoral register’ letter comes round telling me I can be fined for not filling it in. 

But you could put an additional ten totally ficticious names down on the form and nobody would be any the wiser. Then apply for postal votes for all the ficticious names and behave like a lot of  labour voters do rigging votes .

Electoral fraud is rife, don't be in any doubt about that

Edited by Vince Green