Sporting Gun asks Mark Avery a few questions...

Wild Justice calls for Defra NOT to issue general licences for the purposes of killing jay, jackdaw, rook and magpie to conserve wild birds. 

Hmmmm im. Unsure how they (WJ) think that the above species dont impact on wild birds... Ive seen first hand all of them take or attack smaller birds.

It's as plain as a pike staff......it's nothing to do with conservation, Avery, Packham et al are 'protectionists, they concede pests/predators need controlling, but they wish to dictate how this is done! Their real agenda is anti live quarry shooting/shooting for sport, they wish to stop it and will take every opportunity to attack and discredit it both directly and indirectly.......by ANY means!

2 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

It's as plain as a pike staff......it's nothing to do with conservation, Avery, Packham et al are 'protectionists, they concede pests/predators need controlling, but they wish to dictate how this is done! Their real agenda is anti live quarry shooting/shooting for sport, they wish to stop it and will take every opportunity to attack and discredit it both directly and indirectly.......by ANY means!

That is proven with the line of 'dont release food (game birds) for them then 

2 minutes ago, mossy835 said:

well this is not looking good,they just dont understand ,they just want shooting stopped.

Well it's up to our representative organisations to get the message over to the decision makers, and show those anti shooting protectionists like Packham, Avery et al, who are hiding behind the title 'conservationist' up for what they are and what their real agenda is!

Avery knows we have our backs against the wall, when the new licences are issued if they do not contain what WJ want there will be more challenges, I can even see Avery/Packham calling for their followers to volunteer to police the countryside for anyone not following the licence to the letter, there could even be a private  prosecution brought about by them if they can gather enough evidence against an individual shooter and also possibly the farmer.

15 minutes ago, mossy835 said:

well this is not looking good,they just dont understand ,they just want shooting stopped.

Well  the Shooting organisations are putting up a good case and other representative organisations involved in true conservation are on board regarding this situation.

WJ are loosing credibility day on day with every revelation/ every statement they are showing evermore of their soft underbelly of stuff and nonsense. We the general public are not stupid nor are the government, lets just hope they keep on this inevitable path of destruction their credibility as conservationists as already gone, and i can only see them loosing more ground publishing stuff like this. 

2 minutes ago, mossy835 said:

this is going to take a long time to sort out, i for one will not be shooting pigeons.till sorted out, sticking to squirrels and rabbits,

I am 99%  Wildfowl with a few days  family game shooting . after the 20th of feb i am mostly 90% FOX some rabbits and i used to occasionaly target crows when the oppotunity presented itself under the terms of the old GLs with the occasional pigeon session. But at the moment its Foxes and it is what i ussualy target anyway, so i am not feeling the hurt on the pigeons , but admit the crows is getting anoying.  i only hope we can get through this unscathed and stabilise pest and predator cintrol in this country.  These people are determing but i was brought up like most of us shooters to be law abiding and love and care for the environment the countryside and all that lives there, and i still have to keep faith with the government. We will get through this its just bumpy at the moment.  Possitive vibes fom all ius shooters  thats what we need possitive vibes. :lol:

50 minutes ago, wymberley said:

What I don't understand is what Sporting Gun were thinking of when they gave him column inches. Someone will be hanging on every word in a waiting room in a month or two.

🙂 It is obvious that he is still ( despite all the evidence to the contrary ) pushing his lead is toxic when used to kill game, but apart from that, it is also obvious that he is out to stop the killing of birds for sport. 

He will push at the peripherals of shooting to achieve that agenda, and is intent on bringing about the demise of shooting live quarry for sport by any means. 

1 hour ago, Scully said:

..... it is also obvious that he is out to stop the killing of birds for sport. 

Mark Avery does like animals to be killed for his own personal pleasure.    

He has made it very clear that he eats meat, not just for nutrition, but principally because he enjoys the taste of it.   He says that he really ought to eat less meat, for the benefit of his health and for the sake of the environment.    He may claim to have concern for the environment, but this is obviously outweighed by the pleasure he gets from shovelling excess food down his gullet.   Do I detect a whiff of hypocrisy?

Here is an extract from his blog dated 29 September 2015    https://markavery.info/2015/09/29/hate-vegans/

“I guess, at heart, I think I ought to eat even less meat but the taste of a juicy steak, bangers and mash, a sandwich of crispy bacon (perhaps with a cup of tea from a van by the road at Tomatin with Henry), roast lamb, pepperoni pizza etc, let alone fish and chips eaten out of the paper or a bowl of mussels or half a dozen oysters, are all very tempting at various times and various occasions.  Some of them I feel I should swerve on either four days a week I do, but for three days a week I don't. And quite honestly, I think I probably should do on the other three days a week too, but I don't.”

Perhaps he hates the idea that somebody else might derive pleasure from killing.   If so, what would he think about abattoir staff, those who earn a crust by slaughtering animals to satisfy the Avery gluttony, if some of them actually enjoyed their work?     Or might he be one of people who rarely give any consideration at all to the feeling of others?

I made a screen-dump of that blog, but today it has been replaced by a statement:   “We are carrying out a mix of essential and non-essential maintenance.    We will be back online at the end of May 2019.”    Here is the original.

8787571_MarkAveryblog(29Sept2015).gif.9de63c8032c833b97eef1848c6e15eef.gif?

13 hours ago, Scully said:

🙂 It is obvious that he is still ( despite all the evidence to the contrary ) pushing his lead is toxic when used to kill game, but apart from that, it is also obvious that he is out to stop the killing of birds for sport. 

He will push at the peripherals of shooting to achieve that agenda, and is intent on bringing about the demise of shooting live quarry for sport by any means. 

1/3 of housing in the North West built before 1970 contains some lead plumbing, when someone starts to worry about this i will worry about lead shot.!

Wild Justice really are out there on their own, a quick look on the RSPB site. Rooks, Crows, Jackdaws and Jays eat ( amongst other things ) eggs and young birds/nestlings. Interestingly the Magpie is an 'omnivore' but it does also say predator.