jess comes home

hodge911

Come on hodge911 I am out having a quit pint waiting for eldest to finish scouts having to pretend I have a sudden attack of hey fever watery eyes while thinking about your Jess post !  Mans best freind is an overused term but when they have been there through thick and thin. Never saw my old man shed a tear until his dog passed suddenly. Time will heal and remover the good times Jess brought to your life.

Atb Agriv8 

3 minutes ago, Agriv8 said:

Come on hodge911 I am out having a quit pint waiting for eldest to finish scouts having to pretend I have a sudden attack of hey fever watery eyes while thinking about your Jess post !  Mans best freind is an overused term but when they have been there through thick and thin. Never saw my old man shed a tear until his dog passed suddenly. Time will heal and remover the good times Jess brought to your life.

Atb Agriv8 

sorry to spoil your pint mate !!

when the courier knocked on the door this afternoon with a "parcel" the Mrs looked at me and spouted out what the heck have you been buying now ..

since the people at the pet crematorium said it would be 10 days approx. for the ashes to reach us it never sprung to mind it could be jess .

but when I cut open the packaging and seen the her name I instantly filled up and shed a few more tears 😥

12 minutes ago, Scully said:

I still have the ashes of my Border, Lucy in my Gun room. We’ve never discussed what we should do with them, so there they still are! 

we,re  putting a bit of them in the in her favourite place where she used to lay in the garden along with her favourite toys 

some is getting scattered up the estate where we spent most of our shooting times

and the rest will remain in her casket and go into my gunroom

34 minutes ago, hodge911 said:

sorry to spoil your pint mate !!

when the courier knocked on the door this afternoon with a "parcel" the Mrs looked at me and spouted out what the heck have you been buying now ..

since the people at the pet crematorium said it would be 10 days approx. for the ashes to reach us it never sprung to mind it could be jess .

but when I cut open the packaging and seen the her name I instantly filled up and shed a few more tears 😥

Don’t apologise at nearly 50 years old I have found that letting it out is a damn sight better than bottling it up.

Atb Agriv8

A fitting end to a great friend and companion .

I have took all mine home after the final event and buried them where we had spent most of our time while out shooting and enjoying ourselves .

Three of them are on the estate where I worked and still do the crop protection and two are on the local marshes where I still shoot wildfowl , every now and again I still think of them when we are shooting near by and if I could have one final wish before my time is up , it would be getting all together for just one more time , what a day that would be :good: