Polymer coated bullets

If the publicity is to be believed, polymer coated lead bullets are the next big thing. Certainly for carbines and the pistol calibres they seem to work and eliminate leading without paying FMJ bullet prices. Good things too for some rifle calibres at the lower velocities. .45-70 loves it apparently.

My mate has started using them for .303, its early days yet but initial results are good I am told.

Has anybody else any input?  

I'm wondering how fast we can go with these bullets

Edited by Vince Green

My suppressor was chocked full of zombie green powder coat.  I won’t be shooting anymore.  But suppressors ar a bigger deal in the US vs over in the UK.  Over here we pay $200 tax per suppressor and it takes a year to clear the background check. Because the tax and the wait we take really good care of our suppressors.  Plus mine is solid and is not user serviceable.  

Hi vince, a couple of the guys at our range use their own p.c.bullets. I asked the same question. Seems the only advantage being they shoot cleaner than traditional lubed bullets. Unless I see good evidence I wont powder coat mine without a trial.

Do you make your own lube? Thinking about a carnauba type diy mix?

Thanks again for lino you gave me, been using some to make .308 subs. Trying them out today hopefully👍