to-nite "im mainly simple"....

ditchman

thought i would go retro for nosh to-nite

i bought 2 nice slices of belly pork...covered them in salt and fresh ground black pepper little bit of oil and a few porky type herbs......done in the oven...served with gently boiled jersey royals tossed in mint....i made some fresh apple sauce with a little biddy zest of lemon...now cold in the fridge ...and i will boil a chopped onion up and sprinkle a bit of white pepper on it

strawberries from kent and double cream for afters...........

Just now, old'un said:

One of my favourite bits of meat, cooked long and slow in the oven then finished off under the grill and served with mashed spuds, a pile of leeks and a jug of sage gravy.

that sounds nice ...i will do that next time...

14 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Sounds very good, I might have pigeon breasts!

i hope they are "legal" pigeon breasts.......or the CPS will be after you

57 minutes ago, old'un said:

One of my favourite bits of meat, cooked long and slow in the oven then finished off under the grill and served with mashed spuds, a pile of leeks and a jug of sage gravy.

This ^^^^.

Crisp on the outside, glutinously soft inside, but we have them with onion and mushroom gravy and mash

1 minute ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

They fell whilst we were trying to scare the others away! Your Honour!

Alright you are free to go..............................................just make sure the cheque is in the post....

3 hours ago, ditchman said:

thought i would go retro for nosh to-nite

i bought 2 nice slices of belly pork...covered them in salt and fresh ground black pepper little bit of oil and a few porky type herbs......done in the oven...served with gently boiled jersey royals tossed in mint....i made some fresh apple sauce with a little biddy zest of lemon...now cold in the fridge ...and i will boil a chopped onion up and sprinkle a bit of white pepper on it

strawberries from kent and double cream for afters...........

That sound very nice and I am a bit partial to a nice bit of belly pork , we had a nice joint during the week from M + S , not that dear and had very little fat on it .

Hope you enjoy it , which I am sure you will , we have got B B Q flavored chicken , new spuds from Morocco , carrots and a couple of Leeks , oh , and not forgetting the gravy😋 

31 minutes ago, marsh man said:

That sound very nice and I am a bit partial to a nice bit of belly pork , we had a nice joint during the week from M + S , not that dear and had very little fat on it .

Hope you enjoy it , which I am sure you will , we have got B B Q flavored chicken , new spuds from Morocco , carrots and a couple of Leeks , oh , and not forgetting the gravy😋 

those spuds from morrocco are the yellow like the ones that we used to get from cyprus all them years ago.....they were nice..

19 minutes ago, ditchman said:

those spuds from morrocco are the yellow like the ones that we used to get from cyprus all them years ago.....they were nice..

We buy them from Meale's , at Stalham , I think they have got more taste in them than the Jersey Royals , When we done some building work at Smiths crisp factory they used to have some early spuds from Egypt , they were good spuds and they looked as if they were grown in Red(ish) soil .