Hughie Fury

Gordon R

Did anyone else watch Hughie Fury's one and a bit round fiasco against a Canadian tub of lard? It was a complete mismatch. My grandmother, who has been dead for many years, could still beat either of them.

Fury talked about re-establishing himself at World level, whilst fighting an opponent, who would have looked more comfortable in the local pub or chip shop. He appeared to have based himself in one of those for his training. Fury seems destined to remain an average domestic level fighter. I could not see him beating Derek Chisora, Dyllian White, Joe Joyce, Daniel Dubois or Anthony Joshua - ever.

Edited by Gordon R

When I first switched over I thought I was watching the Comedy channel - LardBoy spent all the time hiding behind his hands. It's watching garbage like this that reminds me how good some boxers really were - the likes of Ali, Tyson and Frazier spring to mind.

The first fight was worth watching, shame the one had to stop due to fudging his wrist up. But the fury fight was pointless, and the winning punch could of been deemed to the back of the head, the guy ran the count to 9 and got up, then the ref said stopped it to his disappointment.. 

Hughie isn't a world level fighter and never will be. I've got a surefire way of knowing who will win in one of his fights. If I haven't heard of his opponent, he will win. If I have heard of the opponent, even just once, Hughie will lose. 

9 hours ago, Gordon R said:

Did anyone else watch Hughie Fury's one and a bit round fiasco against a Canadian tub of lard? It was a complete mismatch. My grandmother, who has been dead for many years, could still beat either of them.

Fury talked about re-establishing himself at World level, whilst fighting an opponent, who would have looked more comfortable in the local pub or chip shop. He appeared to have based himself in one of those for his training. Fury seems destined to remain an average domestic level fighter. I could not see him beating Derek Chisora, Dyllian White, Joe Joyce, Daniel Dubois or Anthony Joshua - ever.

Well thank goodness I missed it, saw it advertised in the week as Fury vs.... Selling it purely on his surname!

i watched some amateur boxing on free view a while ago and they were fantastic.

10 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

When I first switched over I thought I was watching the Comedy channel - LardBoy spent all the time hiding behind his hands. It's watching garbage like this that reminds me how good some boxers really were - the likes of Ali, Tyson and Frazier spring to mind.

Would have been less unsightly had the Lardy Canuck had worn a bra! 🤡