Game of Thrones

Mice!

Ok I'm sure plenty of you have watched the final series, who else was left thinking ok what was all that about??

Didn't watch the final part till Friday night and managed to not find out anything before hand, but I was left wondering if i missed something, it seemed as if they just decided to finish without any of the fireworks that should have happened?

what's the bet there are several spin offs showing what happens in the future??

11 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Ok I'm sure plenty of you have watched the final series, who else was left thinking ok what was all that about??

Didn't watch the final part till Friday night and managed to not find out anything before hand, but I was left wondering if i missed something, it seemed as if they just decided to finish without any of the fireworks that should have happened?

what's the bet there are several spin offs showing what happens in the future??

There are already planned spinoffs, 3 I think. The last 2 seasons were terrible compared to the rest, it seemed to me that they were just setting up the spinoffs.

Edited by Newbie to this

1 minute ago, Newbie to this said:

There are already planned spinoffs, 3 I think. The last 2 seasons were terrible compared to the rest, it seemed to me that they were just setting up the spinoffs.

Your right there, didn't have the same humour or double dealing, the odd episodes where good, but others?? I expected so much more from the final episode.

Just now, Mice! said:

I expected so much more from the final episode.

Same. Bran. I mean ******* bran the broken. ***?? What happened to the letters varys was sending. Why did nobody mention John's heritage. Why did cersie die so pathetically. I was so annoyed with the last series, it was not worth the wait. 

6 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

All the spin offs planned are prequels. First six seasons were based on the books but hbo wouldn't wait for George Martin to complete the story so they used their own writers to finish the story.

5 minutes ago, toontastic said:

All the spin offs planned are prequels. First six seasons were based on the books but hbo wouldn't wait for George Martin to complete the story so they used their own writers to finish the story.

I new about the series being unfinished, and doubt it ever will be, some of the earlier baddies were just so much better, i watched battle of the fatherless 😉 a few weeks ago, you so wanted him to die but as Strimmer says Cersie didn't go out with a bang, i expected Arya to kill Dani after she toasted the city, that was a good episode in a bad way, you were left expecting John to claim the throne resulting in a Northmen vs unsullied battle, but no ☹ 

Agreed, it was a bit tame. They seemed to take the more normal predictable soft cuddly way out.

Ages back, did anyone get the hint that Caitlin Stark was to return as some sort of undead, or witch. After the Red Wedding, we saw her lying in a stream, still moving, then nothing.....🤔😵

I thought the last two series were poor.

The first few were great then went off and come back ok for bit.

It completely lost all the intrigue the sex and drunken debauchery. The underhand dealings and just became about the white walkers and dark battles.  The cast started getting full of themselves after so many series about what they would and wouldn't do.

The last series my wife and I were both not bothered about watching as soon as it was out and left it till nothing better to watch.

The spin offs better be good or I won't bother.

John Snow being sent back to the wall when he was best ranking  as King just didn't compute with me, Bran the Broken you just thought it might happen and hoped it didn't.

Edited by figgy

40 minutes ago, getthegat said:

Agreed, it was a bit tame. They seemed to take the more normal predictable soft cuddly way out.

Ages back, did anyone get the hint that Caitlin Stark was to return as some sort of undead, or witch. After the Red Wedding, we saw her lying in a stream, still moving, then nothing.....🤔😵

I think your right, trying to remember if in the books she comes back, one of the wolves finds her possibly?? Rings a bell anyway.

1 hour ago, NoBodyImportant said:

It was ok but breaking bad was better. 

Breaking bad was good, but I found that the first and last episodes of a season were full of action and all the others in between were boring, with nothing happening.

It felt strung out to me, could have been condensed.

Edited by Newbie to this

Enjoyed episode 4 the most ...

The funeral to start, then the after dinner shenanigans. Euron knocking the dragon out with the powerful weapon between his legs was a master stroke!!

You’d want John in a fight next to you, but thick or what! He always belonged back in the North .... being miserable.

I was left feeling a bit flat ... but what a TV show!

On 26/05/2019 at 19:20, getthegat said:

In the books, she does, or it's alluded too, at least.

Edited by Penelope