Westlands Shooting Ground, near Annan

Must explain I am not really a clay shooter, but do dabble for a play now and then. At the weekend I delivered a repaired gun for a friend who lives close to the Scottish border. As a thank you he took me on Saturday  to Westlands clay ground near Annan. Apparently it is a relatively new venture, having been taken over by a young couple. I found it very impressive. They have a campground/caravan site, lots of good stands, well laid out stone roads, golf buggies for the geriatric shooters, fishing lakes and a very good cafe. I would recommend it if anyone is looking for a day/weekend out.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/06/2019 at 22:32, Perazzishot said:

It is a great ground with a fantastic high tower.

Last time I was there they had the tower up at 70m driving down over 70 metres to the ground left to right it was a real tester! Followed by a 60 metre direct overhead driven! Fantastic pair!

Yep. Have just got to grips with this tower, only to be told they are raising it. 🙂

Was there last week and stayed 4 days. Great ground and really testing with the wind I had when there. Caravan site is pretty good as well.

Will be heading back because I really enjoyed the clay ground. Met an independent instructor while shooting and had an impromptu lesson as well.

Cartridge prices are among the cheapest as well so picked up a 1000 while I was there.