Spotting Scope

steve_b_wales

50 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

I'm looking for a spotting scope, with a magnification of around 20-40 x 60. Pricewise around the £200 mark. I know I'm not going to get a top quality one for that price, but just wondering what's out there.

Any advice/idea's

hello steve, i know you like Hawke how about a Nature Trek ? prices can be around £200 

6 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello steve, i know you like Hawke how about a Nature Trek ? prices can be around £200 

The Nature Trek is actually on my list, unless there's something better for around the same price.

3 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

The Aldi/Lidl one are ok out to around 200 yards but after that they are left lacking. Also found that on our indoor range 25 yards (light isn't the best) it is terrible and will not focus.

I have a hawke also and the quality not comparable.

I've got an Aldi/Lidl one, and although there's nothing wrong with it, I'm looking for something a bit 'more upmarket'. I do fancy a Swarovski, but that's too far 'upmarket' :)

6 hours ago, panoma1 said:

If you want compact spotting scope have a look at the Luger XM 12-36 x 50......some good reviews! And we'll within your price range!

Thanks. I'll check it out.

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

UPDATE:

Having used my Hawke Nature Trek binoculars for many years, with great results, I've opted to buy the Hawke Nature Trek 20-60x80 spotting scope.

hello, well done steve, good quality and life time warranty, not forgetting a 1st class customer service with Deben

On 04/08/2019 at 11:09, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, well done steve, good quality and life time warranty, not forgetting a 1st class customer service with Deben

I agree. I was going to get the Endurance model, but for the amount of times I'll use a spotting scope, the Nature Trek will suit my needs. As mentioned, I have a set of Nature Trek binoculars and they are excellent.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

I've just taken delivery of my new Hawke Nature Trek 20-60x80 spotting scope, and what a great piece of kit this is too. I tried it from my bedroom window, looking through double glazing and also with lots of rain outside, at a known distance of 430 yards, and it's excellent. Not crystal clear of course but still sharp. I'm looking forward to trying it out on our target range soon.

17 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

UPDATE:

I've just taken delivery of my new Hawke Nature Trek 20-60x80 spotting scope, and what a great piece of kit this is too. I tried it from my bedroom window, looking through double glazing and also with lots of rain outside, at a known distance of 430 yards, and it's excellent. Not crystal clear of course but still sharp. I'm looking forward to trying it out on our target range soon.

Be careful where you point it ! Lol! 😜

20 minutes ago, Mr.C said:

Interesting Steve, keep us posted. May be in the market for one in the future. In the process of kitting up for a little light FTR

I will do. The spotting scope is solidly built and comes with a lifetime guarantee to the original purchaser. I can also recommend (as recommended to me) the Horizon 8115 tripod. Very heavy and sturdy and is perfect for any spotting scope etc. I bought them mainly for use on the new rifle range that's opening near me later this year/next year.